By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Monster Hunter Rise sell lifetime? (Switch + PC)

Tagged games:

How much will Monster Hunter Rise sell lifetime (Switch + PC)

Under 3m 1 0.87%

3m - 4.9m 0 0%

5m - 6.9m 2 1.74%

7m - 9.9m 12 10.43%

10m - 14.9m 46 40.00%

15m - 19.9m 36 31.30%

20m - 25m 14 12.17%

Over 25m 4 3.48%

Total:115
Paatar said:
JRPGfan said:

Rise + Sunbreak combined have done over 10m.

Shatts said:

Interesting, did it sell more than World?

Monster hunter World is in the 21-22m range. Iceborn expansion was over 9m by end of 2021.

Honestly hope they do a Monster Hunter World 2.
It felt like a step back, going from what they could do with MH in world vs Rise.

From a world design perspective, I see how they might have gone back a bit. From a gameplay perspective though? Absolutely not. Rise completely trumps World in terms of the smoothness and variety of the gameplay. The wire bugs are game changers and the online is way more streamlined like the old games compared to World. 

Agreed. 

MH rise was, mechanics, better than the world. The gameplay was fantastic, try to play World before, gorgeous graphics, but the gameplay-wise seems less variety.

Around the Network

https://www.siliconera.com/monster-hunter-devil-may-cry-v-move-up-capcoms-platinum-titles-list/

11.2m now

I picked Over 25 million + (There's pattern why I'm ultra optimistic towards Nintendo I had both Sega SG - 1000 and NES as my favorite consoles when I was young in 1990 not 1991 too Bias)

Looking likely that the most popular poll option will be the correct one, so a win for democracy I guess.

Overall, Rise has sold brilliantly; it's Capcom's third highest selling game ever, and shows the sales potential of the Switch audience.

curl-6 said:

Looking likely that the most popular poll option will be the correct one, so a win for democracy I guess.

Overall, Rise has sold brilliantly; it's Capcom's third highest selling game ever, and shows the sales potential of the Switch audience.

I don't think so. 4 million it´s the minimum in three years.

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

• IR 06.30.22 2.5m
  • PR 07.05.22 over 2m
  • PR 07.26.22 over 3.5m
  • IR 09.30.22 4.4m

Monster Hunter Rise

• PR 03.29.21 over 4m
  • IR 03.31.21 4.8m
  • PR 04.05.21 over 5m
  • IR 06.30.21 7.3m
  • IR 09.30.21 7.5m
  • IR 12.31.21 7.7m
  • PR 01.18.22 over 8m (PC launch)
  • IR 03.31.22 9m
  • IR 06.30.22 10.3m (Sunbreak launch)
  • PR 07.05.22 over 10m (Sunbreak launch)
  • PR 08.26.22 over 11m
  • IR 09.30.22 11.2m

Source: InstallBase (fiendcode)

Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

Not sure what you're saying here, do you mean it'll sell another 4 million over the next three years?

That's certainly possible, it could top 15 million lifetime and move into the next poll bracket, it will depend how it's long term legs are.

curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

Not sure what you're saying here, do you mean it'll sell another 4 million over the next three years?

That's certainly possible, it could top 15 million lifetime and move into the next poll bracket, it will depend how it's long term legs are.

Yes. It seems will surpass 14.9 million worldwide. The content of Sunbreak seems better than the base game

And Sunbreak 7.5-9.5 million.

Now that Rise is out on PS and Xbox (so much for not releasing on consoles because "it's designed for handhelds") we will never know the sales splits without a leak similar to World's.

PS and Xbox will add a few million (2-4) but I doubt that would be enough to come very close to World. Still, the game is a massive success provided there isn't too much overlap between its and World's development teams. Having two mostly seperate teams developing such big sellers is huge for Capcom and MH fans. I can see them announce their next MH later this year or early 2024, hopefully a true "next gen" experience.