By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Niantic Making Pikmin AR Game

CaptainExplosion said:

I never really got into Pokemon Go, but since this shows Nintendo taking a chance with one of it's less used franchises, then I wanna see more of this Pikmin app. I just hope it doesn't mean we don't get Pikmin 4.

I think the presence of this Pikmin App increases the likelihood of Pikmin 4 happening, especially if it is reasonably successful. Although I still think that Pikmin 4 will release on Switches successor as it would profit from the better graphical performance for its realistic looking environments.

Around the Network

I'm hyped! 

Excited to see what Niantic is bringing next 

Sure, why not?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

This basically confirms imo that Nintendo sees a future in Pikmin. They always did to some extent, but now more than ever!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This basically confirms imo that Nintendo sees a future in Pikmin. They always did to some extent, but now more than ever!

Exactly. Pikmin 4 most likely is already in development.

Around the Network

Not the Pikmin news I've been wanting for years now, but Pikmin news comes so rarely that anything is welcome lol. I never would have expected them to do a Pikmin mobile game, but it's an interesting idea. It's hard to tell what it'll actually be like because they didn't really go into much detail, so I'm not exactly sold on anything, but as a big Pikmin fan I'm sure I'll at least check it out if nothing else. It's nice to see that Nintendo has enough faith in the Pikmin series to do stuff like this though. Here's hoping Pikmin 4 comes out soon!

Has Niantic done something else other than Pokemon Go since it released?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nice, very nice. I hope my phone can run whatever this is, although I already had plans for a new one, so no biggie. This might as well be the first mobile app I'm going to be deliberately excited to download for. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:

People extrapoling the existence of Pikmin 4 from the announcement of a mobile game ?!

I hope you don't get disappointed down the line ...

Pikmin 4 is definitely happening looking at the sales o 3 Deluxe and Nintendo agreeing in releasing this one to make the IP more well know 

No idea of when though...

A pack of Pikmin following you around, this makes sense! Curious to see what it's like!