By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing Horror Film in The Works

heh, seems interesting.

Around the Network

It’s not April Fools yet.

deerox said:

Timur Bekmambetov is doing the adaption and he's a pretty major person in the industry so it probably will get made, but most likely without any connection to Animal Crossing.

That's it, this is all just marketing. He said that he would adapt this short film that happens to feature Animal Crossing, but he didn't mention the name of the game at all (if I'm not wrong), because he knew that the media would automatically link both and then make a lot more buzz that if he just said that he was going to make a horror movie in which the terror element was a video game (without specifying which one). Thus, when this movie gets released, it will be referred by many as the movie that was born from an Animal Crossing short film and a lot more people will want to watch it just because of that.

Well, that's at least my theory - one that I took out of my ass, but which makes sense, given how things usually work.

I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Well a Horror theme would liven up animal crossing

Verter said:

"This is a non-profit film, Nightlight Motion Pictures is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo or Animal Crossing."

I just watched the short film and I liked it, but I don't think all that full movie stuff will come to fruition, unless they remove Animal Crossing from it. Otherwise, Nintendo will just stop it.

Hopefully they will. We don't need anymore Blumhouse Fantasy Island-esque shit turning feelgood source material into horror schlock.

Around the Network

You guys have already said it, and I agree. Nintendo will make sure this doesn't become a feature. They have IP protection snipers and ninjas.

That being said, I'm morbidly curious. I'll have to watch the clip later.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Best Picture

Wman1996 said:

You guys have already said it, and I agree. Nintendo will make sure this doesn't become a feature. They have IP protection snipers and ninjas.

From the director:

It’s not an Animal Crossing feature. We know we can’t legally get away with that :) the story is actually something else entirely and taps into the nostalgia of video games. I can’t wait for you all to see it!
Well we technically never used Animal Crossing music in this. It’s all music made from Alex Winkler. He created not only the score for the short but also for the game she is playing :)

Mandalore76 said:
Wman1996 said:

From the director:

It’s not an Animal Crossing feature. We know we can’t legally get away with that :) the story is actually something else entirely and taps into the nostalgia of video games. I can’t wait for you all to see it!
Well we technically never used Animal Crossing music in this. It’s all music made from Alex Winkler. He created not only the score for the short but also for the game she is playing :)

Good. Crisis averted.

As much as i like the series i don't have time watch movies and also i don't like horror.