By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing Horror Film in The Works

Isabelle running around with an axe. Not a fan of horror films and definitely not this.

Around the Network

Stuff of nightmares..... in more ways than one.

They probably won't actually use Animal Crossing in the movie.
It's just going to be some generic non-existent game about maintaining a house.

"This is a non-profit film, Nightlight Motion Pictures is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo or Animal Crossing."

I just watched the short film and I liked it, but I don't think all that full movie stuff will come to fruition, unless they remove Animal Crossing from it. Otherwise, Nintendo will just stop it.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Verter said:

"This is a non-profit film, Nightlight Motion Pictures is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo or Animal Crossing."

I just watched the short film and I liked it, but I don't think all that full movie stuff will come to fruition, unless they remove Animal Crossing from it. Otherwise, Nintendo will just stop it.

Timur Bekmambetov is doing the adaption and he's a pretty major person in the industry so it probably will get made, but most likely without any connection to Animal Crossing.

Around the Network

No way this becomes a full movie. Nintendo's legal team will absolutely annihilate this like Goku vs. Ray Palatine.

I'm a horror geek, so I'm down for it.

seems like a concept that could work given what already exists 

It’s not April Fools yet.

deerox said:

Timur Bekmambetov is doing the adaption and he's a pretty major person in the industry so it probably will get made, but most likely without any connection to Animal Crossing.

That's it, this is all just marketing. He said that he would adapt this short film that happens to feature Animal Crossing, but he didn't mention the name of the game at all (if I'm not wrong), because he knew that the media would automatically link both and then make a lot more buzz that if he just said that he was going to make a horror movie in which the terror element was a video game (without specifying which one). Thus, when this movie gets released, it will be referred by many as the movie that was born from an Animal Crossing short film and a lot more people will want to watch it just because of that.

Well, that's at least my theory - one that I took out of my ass, but which makes sense, given how things usually work.

I'm mostly a lurker now.