By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Feb 28-Mar 6 - PS5 Sales Top 6 Million

Share the article here.

Xbox Series X|S vs Xbox One Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 17

This weekly mini-series compares the aligned launch sales of the Xbox Series X|S with its predecessor, the Xbox One. 

The first week for the Xbox Series X|S is the week ending November 14, 2020, while for the Xbox One it is the week ending November 23, 2013.

The Xbox Series X|S had a worldwide launch on November 10, 2020, while the Xbox One had a staggered launch. The Xbox One launched in North America, parts of Europe, Australia, and South America on November 22, 2013, and in Japan, China, and other European countries in September 2014. 

Xbox Series X|S Vs. Xbox One Worldwide:

Gap change in latest week: 45,237 - XOne

Gap change over last month: 83,564 - XSX|S

Total Lead: 136,683 - XSX|S

Xbox Series X|S Total Sales: 3,944,563

Xbox One Total Sales: 3,807,880

During week 17, the Xbox One closed the gap when compared to the aligned launch of the Xbox Series X|S by 45,237 units. In the last month the Xbox Series X|S has grown its lead by 83,564. The Xbox Series X|S lead has grown to 136,683 units.

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 3.94 million units in 17 weeks, while the Xbox One has sold 3.81 million units. Week 17 for the Xbox Series X|S is the week ending March 6, 2021 and it is the week ending March 15, 2014 for the Xbox One, which is the week Titanfall launched.

The Xbox One sold 93,867 units in its 18th week to bring its lifetime sales to 3.90 million units. The Xbox Series X|S is already ahead of the sales of the Xbox One after 18 weeks and is 29,767 units away from week 19.

The Xbox One crossed four million units sold in week 20, five million units sold in week 37, and six million units in week 47. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Hey @trunkswd in the hardware by date section I think the last week was inserted as 2000 or 2001 instead of 2021

I only see this issue in the yearly and monthly, not the weekly versions

Last edited by badskywalker - on 21 March 2021

badskywalker said:

Hey @trunkswd in the hardware by date section I think the last week was inserted as 2000 or 2001 instead of 2021

That is an odd issue. I can't do anything about it as that graph is automatically generated and updated with the latest figures. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

PS4 and Xbone are sooo close in North America, though both sadly and hilariously the same goes for Xbox Series and 3DS in Japan.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Kakadu18 said:

What happened in Switch week 20 in Japan, Splatoon 2?

Yes, it's Splatoon 2. But it's also the time when Nintendo's production increase that was ordered in January/February 2017 materialized in the marketplace, so that's why Switch's baseline continued to be higher afterwards; unfortunately, the graph doesn't show this properly because it's cut off.

The production increase may have been ready a couple of weeks before Splatoon 2 already, but Nintendo has a habit of stockpiling for big releases. We are seeing the same thing right now again in Japan with the upcoming release of Monster Hunter Rise.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
badskywalker said:

I figured out the cause of the issue when I looked at VGC Pro. Some glitch happened and March 6 was listed as week 0 and year 0 instead of week 9 and year 2021. @TruckOSaurus is amazing and quickly fixed the problem when I saw it.