By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro game recommendation thread

SegaHeart said:

Edited above macbeth sorry

Shadows of the Empire Ord junkyard n64

Scary boss intro ord junkyard IG 88

Thanks for the memories of SF64.

I recently beat SotE on Hard mode and all challenge points using the original hardware.  Hard mode is more difficult than Jedi because your blaster's effectiveness is dramatically curtailed.  Honestly, at that difficulty level Xizor's Palace (specifically the three stage final boss Gladiator Droid) was one of the hardest things I ever accomplished in gaming.  I actually had to redo my save file from the beginning to build up more lives because I just couldn't beat the boss with 4 lives.  I ultimately went into the boss fight with 10 lives and came out with 2 or 3 left.  There are speedruns on Youtube on Jedi mode,  but frankly that is way easier than Hard mode since your blaster is so insanely effective.  I haven't seen anybody beat this boss on hard and I don't know how to do it without a massive life count and just getting brutalized.

I would love to see a pro take on Xizor's Palace with only losing 1-2 lives on Hard.  I would have a lot of respect for that because I spent a month practicing that level for an hour per day and I honestly couldn't find any good solution for that boss on Hard.  Stage 1 had a trick that made it really easy to beat (walk behind the boss and shoot) and Stage 2 has a semi-useful technique (stand directly under and shoot but you will still sometimes get hit).  That said, the third stage was a complete slaughter-fest and I know of no way to beat it without taking catastrophic damage.  Generally, I lost no lives on the first stage, I would lose 1-3 on the second stage depending on how lucky I am with positioning under the droid, the third stage would generally wipe me out though, I would lose at least 6-7 lives here even at my best.

Around the Network

Microsoft IP, Magatama, It's amazing.

Gex Enter the Gecko, amazing

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Recommend Vagrant Story

Kings Field

Wild Arms 3

Shadow tower

Tactics OGre

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Never played it myself, but MDK seems like an exciting albeit wacky third person shooter from the creators of Earthworm Jim (Jim himself makes a cameo as a power up that crushes enemies with an out of nowhere cow).

Oh hell no. Holy Easter. Page 13 has some stuff I never seen before

Around the Network

Pokemon Yellow 1998, 0:30 mark is amazing till the video ends vs champion

Watch this entire 3 minute Parasite Eve 1 trailer it'll convince you to buy it promise Strongly recommned watching, it's beyond amazing the monster transformations the antogonist involvement in stroy trailer is a masterpiece opera horror fire ring.

Conkers bad fur day, watch entire 4 minute 4 It's sigment of Saving Private ryan but watch entire 4 minute video it'll convince you to buy Conker Bad Fur Day

This conkers bad fur day boss fight intro is pure twisted ANd fake girl neck break.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 18 April 2022

Final Fantasy 10, watch invading belle scene 2:17 mark till video ends thats truely fantasy max 100

Watch entire song Final Fantasy 10, 1000 words the song will break you and turn you into a fan when you hear entire song

The original Killer Instinct.

Rayman 1 Watch this harmony stage you'll thank me :) stage band land 1 -1 from 0:08

Super Mario 64, Final boss bowser and caps wing mario felt amazing in 1996 watch entire 5 minute video, but my favorite is 4:28 till it finishes in 1 minute lol super fast how I like it.

WWF wrestlemania arcade 4:04 mark that super from Undertaker was awesome, game has amazingly aged great.

Me playing Duelist of the roses, yugioh fans love this game I'm a yugioh fan so . reviewers don't know how to rate this because they don't understand yugioh which alot of us say some reviewed games are badly reviewed still websites opinion are subjective. while the player knows this game is amazing.