By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which post-Game Boy handheld console introduced the best new Nintendo franchises?

I choose...

GBA 13 56.52%

DS 6 26.09%

3DS 0 0%

Switch 4 17.39%

Total:23

The Nintendo DS. Both hugely impactful new IPs like Nintendogs and Brain Age, and small quirky one offs like Elite Beat Agents. The system had the best balance of quality, innovation, and familiarity of any modern Nintendo platform. Switch is a close second.

Around the Network

GBA for Golden Sun.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

TheMisterManGuy said:

The Nintendo DS. Both hugely impactful new IPs like Nintendogs and Brain Age, and small quirky one offs like Elite Beat Agents. The system had the best balance of quality, innovation, and familiarity of any modern Nintendo platform. Switch is a close second.

That's my pick. I almost picked Game Boy Advance for WarioWare, but settled on the DS.

Had it been an option, most people would've picked Game Boy. It had Kirby, Pokemon, Wave Race, and some others. But that's obviously why I didn't include it. Just like curly's thread didn't include NES because most people would've picked that.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima