By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 35 best selling Switch games in Japan, through 4 years

The_Liquid_Laser said:

There are a whole lot of first party games on that list. That makes it extra impressive that Momotaro and Minecraft made it into the top 10.

Well, I mean it's not like Japanese third parties have been bringing their A game to the Switch thus far. That said, MH Rise is about the blaze through the charts like a meteorite.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Rise is about to enter the top 5.

Also wow... Dragon Quest seems like it would be a bit higher? I get its a late port, but. Then again, I think that digital was pretty strong in 2019 for boxed games.

DQ XI S is still selling and showing up on the Famitsu top 30 pretty much every week, so sales are still going up. By summer it will probably pass 600k in physical sales.

Freaking Fishing Spirits though, of all the games to rank among the top selling third party titles on Switch. XD
I mean, Dragon Quest and even Taiko I understand, but... the Japanese sure do have curious taste in games. But then again, I'd never even heard of Momotaro 6 months ago and now it's the 8th highest selling Switch game in Japan, outselling even many first party titles.

I know you're just posting Famitsu's data, but you should add the other pokemon sw/sh version to the main one. I believe it is probably right outside the top 35 by itself, and when included puts Pokemon Sw/Sh over Smash Bros.

How many games on this list do you all have?

I have 10 games on here, with 3D All-Stars at #21 being the lowest one on the list.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:

I have 10 games on here, with 3D All-Stars at #21 being the lowest one on the list.

Used to be 12, but New Super Mario Bros is just too bad to keep it so I resold it 

Slownenberg said:

I know you're just posting Famitsu's data, but you should add the other pokemon sw/sh version to the main one. I believe it is probably right outside the top 35 by itself, and when included puts Pokemon Sw/Sh over Smash Bros.

What other version?

Slownenberg said:

3 out of 35 haha

I think they mean the version that includes the DLC.

Slownenberg said:

PSN: avanzo85

Switch Friend Code: SW-0301-4529-7712

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Rise is about to enter the top 5.

Also wow... Dragon Quest seems like it would be a bit higher? I get its a late port, but. Then again, I think that digital was pretty strong in 2019 for boxed games.

Well I mean, of the 2 Square Enix games here both are Dragon Quest titles. I think in Japan most who wanted to play DQXI had already done so by the time DQ XI S arrived. It was available on 3DS, PS4 and PC before the Switch version. Seeing that the 3DS version of XI outsold the PS4 version in Japan, I think the next Dragon Quest titles will have a much stronger showing, likely in the millions, on Switch.