By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft purchase of Zenimax finalized (Rumor: Thursday Bethesda stream)

Tagged games:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78127/microsofts-zenimax-buyout-complete-listed-as-realized-by-investor/index.html

I guess it isn’t super official yet, but all signs point to it being done. 

I am very interested in seeing what this means for Deathloop release on Xbox, as well as any potential return to Fallout for Obsidian.

Around the Network

I just read it passed the US one but not the Europe one yet so it isn't over. Can't wait for it! I'm one of the millions of Gamepass players that will soon get to play their games for the subscription I already have.

Now official as the EU has approved it as well.

I guess we'll soon get more info on what this means for Bethesda games on Playstation and Switch.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I guess we'll soon get more info on what this means for Bethesda games on Playstation and Switch.

My money is on MS platform exclusive for all new game releases moving forward.  Games like ESO will continue to get support because they already exist and previous contracts like Deathloop will be honored, but all future Beth games including the next DOOM, Wolfenstein, Starfield, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout will be exclusive to XBox and PC.

In the long term, this will be the most beneficial.  It gives console players incentive to buy a Series X/S, which will also draw them to gamepass.

They will still get their cut from PC players, and even further expand gamepass their as well.  MS main goal is gamepass right now, and releasing games on a competitive platform (that is being very aggressive with 3rd party deals themselves), will work against them on that end.  The only way I see them going to Playstation, is if Sony allows gamepass on their console...which will never happen.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I think it'll be great that Xbox will be synonymous with RPG's again. The OG Xbox had some great RPG's, but completely fell off the past 2 generations. Now Xbox will have Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield, Wasteland, The Outer Worlds, Avowed, Pillars of Eternity, Fable, and Bard's Tale. Great RPG franchises or new franchises, and I know inXile Entertainment is working on an unannounced RPG game that's rumored to be a hybrid FPS. With The Initiative working on a new Perfect Dark game, and marquee franchises like Halo, Gears of War, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Sea of Thieves, Age of Empires, Hellblade, State of Decay, Minecraft, Psychonauts, whatever Compulsion Games is working on, and Forza Motorsport/Horizon, the future of Xbox is looking really bright.

Bristow9091 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I am very interested in seeing what this means for Deathloop release on Xbox

... I guess it means the same thing it's always meant? That the game will be a timed exclusive on Playstation then release on XBOX? o.O

Yeah, why would it change anything?

Deathloop looks a bit poor though. Stylish, but seems to lack substance. Ghostwire: Tokyo looks more promising in my opinion.

I'm more interested in seeing how Bethesda continue as a studio in general. Will Starfield be a hit? The new Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc.?

Great news for GamePass. Now let's see these devs also go wild with new ideas since Game Pass allows for out of the box concepts.

Bristow9091 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I am very interested in seeing what this means for Deathloop release on Xbox

... I guess it means the same thing it's always meant? That the game will be a timed exclusive on Playstation then release on XBOX? o.O

I mean in terms of a shorter exclusive window, and whether Sony would be able to buy more timed exclusive time/content like they did with FF7 Remake part 1.

Jeffrey Grubb is speculating that there will be a MS stream regarding Bethesda on Thursday. An Xbox UK tweet supposedly backs it up. I don’t put any stock into what Grubb predicts, but we will see.