By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well, looks like next gen didn't kill Switch third party support

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

The thread is about 3rd-party support, and Switch undoubtedly has a lot of 3rd-party support. I could name important games that miss Playstation despite being multiplatform (*cough* Octopath Traveler *cough*), but the main point is the existing support. Kakadu said it in his post you are referring to: "3rd party is 3rd party. The Switch for me is nowhere near to being just for Nintendo games."

If you want to make a thread "Switch is missing on cherry-picked games I deem relevant", then go ahead. Just keep in mind, in the past such lists tended to include Witcher 3, Apex Legends or Overwatch. I forgot why they aren't mentioned anymore.

octopath ??  it looks like indie game to me, ff7 and persona 5 are much more relevant, and so far they are not on the switch cofcof

LOL.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 22 March 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Mano777 said:

octopath ??  it looks like indie game to me, ff7 and persona 5 are much more relevant, and so far they are not on the switch cofcof

LOL.

The point is if you are going to list any game then all Nintendo consoles were supported by thirds

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

LOL.

The point is if you are going to list any game then all Nintendo consoles were supported by thirds

Well, the same applies to your list. You will always find a random game to support your notion. That's exactly the point. You in no way had proof so far that 3rd-party devs abandoned the Switch. And that is the topic of the thread. Instead you tried to cherry-pick some random games to show ... what exactly?

You even created this account to push the notion that Switch games don't matter... because you say so. Garbage games? I guess that's why the Switch is selling so badly...

Really, you have 9 posts on this site so far, 7 are about the Switch, another one about the WiiU. You seem quite obsessed with Switch.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 22 March 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Mano777 said:

Well, the same applies to your list. You will always find a random game to support your notion. That's exactly the point. You in no way had proof so far that 3rd-party devs abandoned the Switch. And that is the topic of the thread. Instead you tried to cherry-pick some random games to show ... what exactly?

I didn't say that the switch is being abandoned, it will continue to receive low budget games,now when it comes to tripleA it is not much different from other Nintendo consoles since snes when Nintendo stopped being the center for most big productions

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

I didn't say that the switch is being abandoned, it will continue to receive low budget games,now when it comes to tripleA it is not much different from other Nintendo consoles since snes when Nintendo stopped being the center for most big productions

The Switch has a huge installbase, bigger than the Xbox Series will ever get and is going to outsell the PS4. Why would any 3rd party developer stop making big budget games specifically for the Switch that can be ported to all other platforms easily? Games like MHR and Stories 2 and SMT 5 will keep coming because they can sell well. There is apparently a RE game in development for the Switch for example.

I don't see how it's reasonable to stop making big budget games for the Switch. The PS5 is most likely never going to sell close to the amount of hardware that the Switch is going to sell and the higher spec games for PS5 and XBS take longer to develop and are more expensive.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Mano777 said:

The Switch has a huge installbase, bigger than the Xbox Series will ever get and is going to outsell the PS4. Why would any 3rd party developer stop making big budget games specifically for the Switch that can be ported to all other platforms easily? Games like MHR and Stories 2 and SMT 5 will keep coming because they can sell well. There is apparently a RE game in development for the Switch for example.

I don't see how it's reasonable to stop making big budget games for the Switch. The PS5 is most likely never going to sell close to the amount of hardware that the Switch is going to sell and the higher spec games for PS5 and XBS take longer to develop and are more expensive.

so far how many games have been made targeting the switch and then ported to other platforms ?

now games like monster Hunter that are already consolidated on Nintendo's consoles is not something new, the same goes for smt that was present in 3ds,

would surprise me if it was gta 6 or ff16

Last edited by Mano777 - on 22 March 2021

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

Look at it this way. At the start of the year, both Nintendo and Sony presented their lineup for the year (or parts of it) just days from each other. Nintendo showed 20 third-party games (NOT including news about already released games like DLC), Sony 8 (and as you downplayed Octopath Traveler as *looks indie* - five of these actually were indies). Of these games only one was in 2022 for Nintendo while 16 were dated for summer 2021 or earlier. For Sony only 4 were dated up until and including summer.

However you slice it, the Switch lineup looks strong compared to PS5. Not that I think PS5 is bad, Kena for instance looks great. But in comparison it is clear, that Switch has proper third-party support. You just try to disqualify some games according to random rules. Youjust could say: Switch has no 3rd-party support I care for. That would be OK, but also pretty meaningless.

Mnementh said:
Mano777 said:

Look at it this way. At the start of the year, both Nintendo and Sony presented their lineup for the year (or parts of it) just days from each other. Nintendo showed 20 third-party games (NOT including news about already released games like DLC), Sony 8 (and as you downplayed Octopath Traveler as *looks indie* - five of these actually were indies). Of these games only one was in 2022 for Nintendo while 16 were dated for summer 2021 or earlier. For Sony only 4 were dated up until and including summer.

However you slice it, the Switch lineup looks strong compared to PS5. Not that I think PS5 is bad, Kena for instance looks great. But in comparison it is clear, that Switch has proper third-party support. You just try to disqualify some games according to random rules. Youjust could say: Switch has no 3rd-party support I care for. That would be OK, but also pretty meaningless.

Random rules? Ohhh god, triple a,AAA

kenna does not seem triple A

R8 is triple A, that will not have to switch at launch

Elder ring and far cry 6 probably won't go out for switch either

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

Again, you pick some subset not defined in the thread to make a point nobody asked for. And triple-A is pretty random. The only ones really caring about the budget are the managers of the respective company. For a gamer like me budget is practically irrelevant. I care if a game is good, and the experience says that quality and budget are at most loosely connected - at most, but a high budget is in no way a guarantee for a bug-free, frustration-free and enjoyable experience. The only guarantee is, that with a high budget the managers look for more options to get their money back, with lootboxes, premium editions, Battle passes and DLC on top of a full price.

You seem to have a bad opinion about indies, but the ratio of turds among AAA games is not smaller than among indies in my experience. There are a lot of great, well-thought out indie games, that clearly beat some of the AAA money making skinner boxes, optimized to squeeze as much money from the customers as possible. Yes, there are also great AAA games, no question, but not more often than great indies. So as a gamer I don't at all understand the fixation on budget. Let the suits care about that. As a gamer the only thing that matters, is how much I enjoy my time with the game. Regardless if a single developer made it on rations or a team of thousands with exorbitant budget.

Mano777 said:
Mnementh said:

kenna does not seem triple A

R8 is triple A, that will not have to switch at launch

Elder ring and far cry 6 probably won't go out for switch either

Do you think only AAA games are relevant? How do you even define AAA? By how the game looks? You say Octopath looks like an indie game. Do you think it's irrelevant because of that or what? It's probably one of the best games of 2018 and sold over 2.5 million copies.

You seemed to try to downplay it with that statement, which is dumb. There are indie games that outshine all of your AAA stuff by miles. Hades, Ori, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Untitled Goose Game, Celeste, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 1 and 2, Disco Elysium, Undertale, Transistor, Bastion, Enter the Gungeon, Into the Breach etc. These game have genuinely creative ideas and launch finished, not buggy and without predatory microtransactions. Far Cry 6 will almost guaranteed have dozens of annoying bugs and glitches.

Btw it's called Elden Ring.