By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best Sonic cartoon?

Best Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon?

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 22.22%

Sonic SatAM 4 44.44%

Sonic Underground 0 0%

Sonic X 1 11.11%

Sonic Boom 2 22.22%

Total:9

To me, Sonic SatAM gets my vote, easily. It really goes out of its way with its cast and story, making them more intriguing than they had any right to be in a show based on this property while also giving a darker, more unique take on the subject matter. Even Robotnik is badass in this (that voice, man), and that's really saying something given how goofy he and his overall design is in the games.

It even had an Archie comics series based on it, and for good reason because it's amazing. It's too bad it ended after season 2, it looked like it was setting up for something amazing with

Spoiler!
the Metal Sonic cliffhanger at the end.

Oh, and it had by far the best theme song of any of the Sonic cartoons. Arguably one of the best cartoon theme songs of all time, it's that damn good.

The worst is by far The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. There are literally no words for how terrible it is. It's so goofy, it's painful to watch. Oddly enough, both shows came out within a year of each other and are each other's polar opposites in terms of quality. Nostalgia Critic did a great vid/commentary on the two shows.

Around the Network

Sonic SatAM as well. I loved that show. And I agree... it was beyond well done considering the source material.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Never watched the cartoon but the Archie comics were so good, I loved those as a kid.

I only Saw Adventures as a kid. As silly as it is. I prefer it to anything else.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sonic X for me.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

The only one I have watched recently enough to comment on it is Sonic Boom. It was quite good imo, much better than the Boom games were. Watched the Jaleel White Saturday morning cartoon when I was like 5 but it was so long ago that I don't remember much about it other than the Archie character's names who appeared in the show (Sally, Antoine, Rabbot, and Rotor). Watched Sonic X when I was like 12-15, but that was still 16+ years ago, so I also don't remember much about Sonic X now other than that it mainly features characters from the 3D games that were releasing at the time, I can't even remember the name of the human boy from the show any more. So yeah, based purely on the fact that Sonic Boom is the only one I have watched recently, I'm going to vote for Sonic Boom, but I do remember enjoying both SatAM and X when I was younger.

Chris Thorndyke was the human boy's name!

Sonic SatAM without a doubt, followed up by the OG Sonic show.

I just love how the OG show was full oh hijinks, as well as some set pieces from the first 2 games, while SatAM was basing itself off the comic books, but with a darker tone.

I also love both of Robotnik's VA's as well, but again, SatAM's was my most fave out of the two.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"