By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic is doubling down on it's exclusivity initiative

I like what Epic is doing as I am getting tons of games for free that I might play in the future once I start playing games again :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Time to sail the 7 seas once again

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Waiting for the idiots to fall inline and explain to me how EPIC is pro-gamer.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 February 2021

Meh I'll wait for release on Gog or Steam

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I would have thought Epic would start to tail off from this nonsense! Gamers have no problem if games are on other storefronts. As long as we get to choose where we get our games from. How Epic believes they're the good guys in these kinds of deals is beyond me. I appreciate that Microsoft (of all companies) sees this and they're bringing all their first party games not only on the Microsoft Store (which is still terrible) but also on Steam, so gamers have the choice. If tomorrow Microsoft announced they'll also bring their games to EGS as well, no problem from me! Allows for even more gamers to experience games like Halo on PC. But Epic just wants my hatred and resentment for EGS and Epic in general at this point to keep growing. I said screw them after they killed Unreal Tournament for Fortnite.

Of course they are going to double down on it, they have nothing else going for them. They have to burn so much money with exclusivities and free games just for the chance of being competitive, and not even that's doing the job.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

From a business perspective, it is understandable in my opinion. If you want to go against a giant like Steam you probably have to play "dirty". This kind of exclusivity is inconvenient for gamers who prefer Steam, but I don't see it as a big deal because we can still access Epic store on the same device, not as bad as console exclusivity.

I only wish Epic store add native controllers support.

LurkerJ said:

Waiting for the idiots to fall inline and explain to me how EPIC is pro-gamer.

Reported. There is no need to call people idiots, just because they use a different storefront than you.

I couldn't care where I buy my PC games, but I am still glad that Epic is continuing this. Between GoG, Steam and Epic I can always buy most of the games that I want at an incredibly low price, so win-win.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 10 February 2021

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Darwinianevolution said:

Of course they are going to double down on it, they have nothing else going for them. They have to burn so much money with exclusivities and free games just for the chance of being competitive, and not even that's doing the job.

They have Tencent money, so I am sure they have plenty of money to burn.