By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destruction Allstars State Of Play

From PlayStation Blog:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/01/27/destruction-allstars-control-ultimate-edition-and-concrete-genie-are-your-playstation-plus-games-for-february/

Entertain the crowds by bringing controlled chaos to the vehicular combat arena of this metal-crunching multiplayer game*. Pick one of 16 superstar competitors, then leap into four game modes, using timing, tactics and skills to cause carnage behind the wheel or create havoc with your parkour skills. Perfect your character’s abilities – including a hero vehicle unique to them –  to give you the edge in free-for-all battles or team challenges and become Global Destruction Federation Champion. The game also supports PS5’s Game Help feature**, giving you hints and tips to become the ultimate destructive machine without

Finally some in depth gameplay!  Looks good.  Don't think it will set the world on fire - but I think they went the right route by making it free on PS Plus for February and March to build up the fanbase.  

Around the Network

Reminder that if you do not have a PS5 yet you can still add the free PS5 games to your library via the PlayStation store for when you do get one.

I had high hopes for this game.

Looks fun! The framerate looks crisp as well. I wonder how Sony will price it once it is no longer available on PS Plus? Also will it be available physically in stores. Sony was charging the regular $69.99 MSRP before the delay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I still have no idea if I'll like this game, but seeing how it won't cost me anything to try I'm looking forward to finding out.

Around the Network

I was totally on board until 'two types of currency'. No thanks. I avoid games with microtransactions like the plague. I only suffered through Red Dead Online because I wanted the platinum.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

twintail said:
Runa216 said:

I was totally on board until 'two types of currency'. No thanks. I avoid games with microtransactions like the plague. I only suffered through Red Dead Online because I wanted the platinum.

Are cosmetics that inherently important to you ?

I don't think it's so much about the importance of the content, but the practice itself... 

twintail said:
Runa216 said:

Are cosmetics that inherently important to you ?

not at all! But I grew up in a world where games rewarded you for playing by giving you skins and stuff, not for opening your wallet. I refuse to support games that have microtransactions in them unless the extra content is, you know extra content. something like paying 1.99 for a Rock Band song is good because it's more content. Paying x dollars to look prettier is dumb. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android