By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 8 releases May 7th, cross-gen, PS5 exclusive demo available today

Great, tonight I download the demo on my PS5

Around the Network

Still not interested in it. The series since 6 has gone off the rails with what the franchise originally had in mind for years. Going first person and adding in witches/vampires/gargoyle creatures just doesn't scream Resident Evil to me.

I really wish Japanese companies would stop being so tightwad with their IP's and just make new ones, rather than twisting their existing ones into completely different ones (I know Western ones can also b guilty of this).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nice, will give the demo a go. Still have yet to play 7 though lol

I wish it was in VR...
And RE games often seem supernatural in the beginning only to be "science gone wrong" at the end. Have faith.

Dis gon b gud.

Around the Network

Just played the demo. Its very short, but sweet. Its still very much Resident Evil.

One thing that stands out to me is the audio. The 3D sound is amazing.. can hear every footstep and creak and noises in the house and be able to pinpoint its exact location. Adds so much to the atmosphere.

Also for people trying out the demo.. turn off camera acceleration and bump up sensitivity. Default settings suck.

Last edited by hinch - on 22 January 2021

Barely played RE VII even though I bought it the same year it was released for ~€15. Definitely going to wait a lot longer before I will purchase the sequel if it all.
Will likely end up in Game Pass or I will buy it for €5, whatever happens first.

d21lewis said:

I wish it was in VR...
And RE games often seem supernatural in the beginning only to be "science gone wrong" at the end. Have faith.

Indeed, turning into moths is a common side effect of many viruses, much like creating sentient hivemind leeches and conjuring mass out of nowhere.

The science part has always been an excuse to fight some cool shit, and I'm totally fine with that. Just give me an engaging game, please. So far the early signs look very good indeed.