By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what is happening with Gamestop now ?

thismeintiel said:
sundin13 said:

Yeah there is no defense of Wall Street like a resounding criticism of Wall Street. You are seeing what you want to see, even though it makes absolutely no sense and in no way aligns with reality. 

You're only getting defensive because he is attacking your sacred cow.

It's obvious that Warren is on the side of Wall Street. Hell, most politicians are. You don't become a multi-millionaire off of a $100K salary after all. Hopefully, this will wake people up to who the real people who are looking out for the little guy. It sure as hell aren't the elite Dems or Reps flying in their private jets.

I am getting "defensive" because his argument is bad. You can't take a quote of someone criticizing Wall Street and use it to prove that they are defending Wall Street. That is just a lie and whether or not you think there is some hidden truth there, it is still a lie to claim Warren's statements were in defense of Wall Street.

They weren't. End of story. 

Around the Network
green_sky said:

In US, no matter what happens. It is almost always Russians. What an amazing logic.

Edit: In the future, when and if Russians do something for real. No one is going to believe. 

The establishment uses Russians because they can be painted as bad and convince the people to rally behind them and not against them. Never mind that if I was Putin, I'd play that chip for all its worth (forbid short selling in Russia + threaten the US with diplomatic sanctions if they try to weaken retail investors) just to hammer the point home that "you dug your own grave, now you'll have to lay on it". 

That's what I received yesterday from Revolut:

"From today, we will only be able to facilitate the selling of GameStop (NYSE: GME) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) stocks for the time being. Unfortunately, our broker-dealer in the US, DriveWealth, can no longer offer Buys on these stocks due to increased capital requirements set by the Depository Trust Company (DTC) in the US.

What does this mean for me?
You can only sell out your existing holdings in these stocks. Any outstanding buy orders on these two symbols made after Monday’s (1 February) close will automatically be cancelled prior to market open on February 2 2021.

None of our other stocks are affected at this time and are available to trade as normal.

For customers with no holdings in these 2 stocks, neither GME, nor AMC will appear when searched. "

Legal or not, a great way to reduce the value.

Kristof81 said:

That's what I received yesterday from Revolut:

"From today, we will only be able to facilitate the selling of GameStop (NYSE: GME) and AMC Entertainment (NYSE: AMC) stocks for the time being. Unfortunately, our broker-dealer in the US, DriveWealth, can no longer offer Buys on these stocks due to increased capital requirements set by the Depository Trust Company (DTC) in the US.

What does this mean for me?
You can only sell out your existing holdings in these stocks. Any outstanding buy orders on these two symbols made after Monday’s (1 February) close will automatically be cancelled prior to market open on February 2 2021.

None of our other stocks are affected at this time and are available to trade as normal.

For customers with no holdings in these 2 stocks, neither GME, nor AMC will appear when searched. "

Legal or not, a great way to reduce the value.

That should be illegal and sounds like collusion.

I'm also going to go full conspiracy theory here, after the big announcements today by GameStop I'm calling insider trading took place. Would help explain the major push by MSM to push the narrative it was...

Nintendo with the Switch:

The kind of jokes that I am the only one on Earth to find funny. I found interesting that the last 3rd and ultimate offensive of the Germans against the Soviets in 1943 was called "Operation Citadel".

The Universe is simpler than what we think...

Around the Network
Amnesia said:

The kind of jokes that I am the only one on Earth to find funny. I found interesting that the last 3rd and ultimate offensive of the Germans against the Soviets in 1943 was called "Operation Citadel".

And that is with all the collusion pushing that stock down as hard as possible right now. I bet it would be much, much higher right now in a true free market.

EDIT: GME is over $100 again!

Last edited by scottslater - on 03 February 2021

Nintendo with the Switch:

Amusing that QAnon followers are salivating at this thinking this is their big plan to get the military and than Trump back in charge of the nation. and all those pesky cannibals arrested!

If I'm Gamestop knowing this inflated stock price will not last long, I'm looking to sell the company asap. If any private equity firm wants to buy for say $40-50 per share I would sell immediately if I was the owner.

scottslater said:
Amnesia said:

And that is with all the collusion pushing that stock down as hard as possible right now. I bet it would be much, much higher right now in a true free market.

EDIT: GME is over $100 again!

Mathematically it should not be possible at all to surge again, the surge before from 40 to 475 was possible because there was 140% of short interest on this stock, today it is barely at 40%, many have escaped (have been squeezed) with the insane loses we know, but today there is not anymore enough shorts to trap in it.

green_sky said:

In US, no matter what happens. It is almost always Russians. What an amazing logic.

Edit: In the future, when and if Russians do something for real. No one is going to believe

You might be joking now, but that's exactly how Nazi Germany got away with how they treated the Jewish population and their rapid rearmament for war effort.

The allies, especially the UK, pictured the Germans as blood-thirsty monsters and serial rapists and told in their war propaganda tons of lies about fake atrocities that the Germans were supposed to have done, and the people were shocked when they found out that none of those were true. When then in the mid-1930's some British newspapers tried to warn about what's going on in Germany, pretty much nobody believed them. All the signs for both the genocide and the war preparations the Germans were doing were being broadcast in broad daylight by them, but nobody believed anybody who wrote about it because of all the exaggerations and lies from during the great war.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 03 February 2021