By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS4 Digital sales greater than PC+SW+PS5+XS, No.1 in physical sales as well.

SilenceDeadly said:
Louie said:

There´s a reason Nintendo does not share Digital Sales, they are TRASH TIER level. 

Nintendo online is a joke, Switch has low STORAGE which makes people buy WAY more Physical Games at this point. 

Nintendo will never be able to compete with Sony on Digital Store Front, in 10 years time they won´t be making 30% of what Sony is doing right now (Check Financials).

Absolutely wrong: In Q2 2020, 55.6% of Nintendo's sales were digital. Digital sales have increased 139.4% compared to last year

Around the Network
SilenceDeadly said:
brute said:

These are Full Games Sales, DLC is not counted here. DLC is other part of the market, same as Micro Transactions etc.

Full Games Sales can be either Physical Only, Digital Only or both Physical/Digital. 

Digital has crushed Physical now, Physical pretty much niche at this point & will continue to decline in the years to come, With Ps5 and Xbox having Digital Only Consoles which should sell to 30/40% of the market it´ll get even worse for Physical. 

Physical is already dead on the PC. 

With that said i´ll keep buying Physical Games FOREVER since they are much much cheaper to me, 80e for a game hahaha yeah sure.

Absolutely wrong, again. From the article quoted here: "Nevertheless, the physical games market remains hugely lucrative, and actually grew last year. 18.2 million games were sold in boxes in 2020 in the UK, which is an increase of 2% over 2019." Physical is not declining, it is growing.

Louie said:
SilenceDeadly said:

There´s a reason Nintendo does not share Digital Sales, they are TRASH TIER level. 

Nintendo online is a joke, Switch has low STORAGE which makes people buy WAY more Physical Games at this point. 

Nintendo will never be able to compete with Sony on Digital Store Front, in 10 years time they won´t be making 30% of what Sony is doing right now (Check Financials).

Absolutely wrong: In Q2 2020, 55.6% of Nintendo's sales were digital. Digital sales have increased 139.4% compared to last year

I do enjoy when people are called out for making bald-faced lies. (:

The BuShA owns all!

So, SRC yet again making a wildly inaccurate post with extremely relevant information that has either been completely ignored or is just flat out wrong. Who'd have thought? :P

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

SilenceDeadly said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up? Because it sounds like you're just guessing...

Also, I think that people are fine with Nintendo not making 30% of what Sony does as a company considering they are not even a tenth of the size. Nintendo does well, Sony does well. It's all good. 

Around the Network
Agente42 said:

You Know GSD don't track NSW digital sales, neither Bethesda. 

"Of course, the absence of Nintendo games from the digital data does skew the overall figure. In terms of purely retail sales, PS4 was still No.1 with a 37.4% market share, but Nintendo Switch was close behind with 35.1%."

So Nintendo Switch sold the most in U.K. last year, beating all other consoles combined (iirc), and Nintendo was the most successful publisher last year, but OP wants to spin this as Sony having a monopoly on game sales, even though Nintendo is only 2.3% behind PS4 in purely physical sales, simply because Nintendo games aren't tracked digitally at all ...

...Hilarious!  

peachbuggy said:

So, SRC yet again making a wildly inaccurate post with extremely relevant information that has either been completely ignored or is just flat out wrong. Who'd have thought? :P

Yup. Locking.