By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Switch sales in 2020 roughly equal to PS5/PS4/Xbone/Xbox Series combined

https://gonintendo.com/stories/375062-switch-sales-in-the-uk-for-2020-roughly-equal-total-sales-for-ps4

The Brits have been getting in on the Switch action in a big way this past year it would seem.

Around the Network

Very impressive as Im sure Sony and Microsoft allocated quite a bit for UK launch

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The Switch has been doing so much better in Europe lately, it could peak in 2021 there for sure. I do think it will be down in Japan and maybe the US. Might be up RoW with China getting big games soon like that pokemon Moba and MH.

Seems like it holds true for every region in 2020

a pleasant surprise! Europeans in general are very reluctant in buying any console other than Playstation, especially after Nintendo managed to kill any reputation generated during the Wii era

hopefully other European countries will follow in 2021

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Seems like the Switch is breaking the usual Nintendo console sales in EU and in Asia (Outside of Japan)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Seems like the Switch is breaking the usual Nintendo console sales in EU and in Asia (Outside of Japan)

Yea it seems like Nintendo managed to get a global appeal with the Switch, which is pretty insane following last gen. That way they are securing a place into the top 3 of best selling consoles of all time easily.

Fully deserved. Switch is a great system with a lot of variety

Ka-pi96 said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

a pleasant surprise! Europeans in general are very reluctant in buying any console other than Playstation, especially after Nintendo managed to kill any reputation generated during the Wii era

hopefully other European countries will follow in 2021

That's not really true. Spain and especially France have always been big supporters of Nintendo consoles. That was also true last gen with the 3DS, so they didn't just "kill" their reputation post-Wii.

I guess it's better in West Europe than East Europe, but still nothing close to the Wii/DS era, especially if you consider that the Switch is a 2in1 console

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

In Germany Nintendo is very popular. We have Domtendo for example.
But nobody knew that there was a Wii U and many people were disappointed that 3DS-Games doesn’t fit into a normal DS.