By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Switch sales in 2020 roughly equal to PS5/PS4/Xbone/Xbox Series combined

In Germany Nintendo is very popular. We have Domtendo for example.
But nobody knew that there was a Wii U and many people were disappointed that 3DS-Games doesn’t fit into a normal DS.

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Ka-pi96 said:

That's not really true. Spain and especially France have always been big supporters of Nintendo consoles. That was also true last gen with the 3DS, so they didn't just "kill" their reputation post-Wii.

I guess it's better in West Europe than East Europe, but still nothing close to the Wii/DS era, especially if you consider that the Switch is a 2in1 console

In that theory,
PS4 cannot match PS3+PSP era.

That’s pretty impressive

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

I guess it's better in West Europe than East Europe, but still nothing close to the Wii/DS era, especially if you consider that the Switch is a 2in1 console

In that theory,

Exactly; most likely no generation will match the hardware output of the 7th gen when dedicated portable market was at its zenith in addition to 3 consoles all above 85 million.

Switch definitely has room to improve in East Europe, but not selling as much as Wii/DS is hardly a mark of underperfomance when no one system ever has or ever will come close to that.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Considering how some territories are completely dominated by Nintendo (with France and Spain) or have found themselves anew like Germany, UK and most of the Western Europe branch, it is not surprising to see Nintendo getting back at such length once again. Now, will it increase, stagnate or decrease in the following years ? I wonder ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

In that theory,

Exactly; most likely no generation will match the hardware output of the 7th gen when dedicated portable market was at its zenith in addition to 3 consoles all above 85 million.

Switch definitely has room to improve in East Europe, but not selling as much as Wii/DS is hardly a mark of underperfomance when no one system ever has or ever will come close to that.

Little off topic but looking at it now 2008 was a truly staggering year for hardware sales.

5 systems selling over 10 million in the year by VGC numbers (3 of them being the peak years for the systems) totalling almost 90 million, and that's not including PS2 which likely sold ~8-9 million, or the GBA which should be another 500k-1m.