By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain Software and Hardware Sales Black Friday 2020 and 30 November - 6 December

FIFA 21 and Nintendo Switch were the big winners of Black Friday in Spain.

Software:

1. FIFA 21 (PS4) 60.000 
2. Just Dance 2021 (Switch)
3. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Switch) 14.000 
4. The Last of Us Parte II (PS4) 11.000 (total of 180000)
5. FIFA 21 (Switch)
6. Hyrule Warriors: La era del cataclismo (Switch)
7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
8. Fortnite: La Última Risa (PS4)
9. Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

Outside Top 10:

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (PC) 3000

Pang Adventures (PS4) 900

Football Manager (PC) 400 

Hardware:

1. Nintendo Switch 50.000 (2019 Black Friday 55.000)

2. PS4 15.000 (2019 Black Friday 80.000)

3.  PS5 2.300 (no stock)

4. Xbox Series X/S 900 (no stock)

Source: https://vandal.elespanol.com/noticia/1350740446/fifa-21-y-nintendo-switch-fueron-los-grandes-triunfadores-del-black-friday-en-espana/

PS5 sold almost 18,000 units in Spain with its second restock (30/11/2020 - 06/12/2020)

Software:

1. FIFA 21 (PS4) (total of 270.000)
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch) (total of 270.000)
3. Minecraft (Switch) (total of 200.000)
4. Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Switch)
5. Just Dance 2021 (Switch)
6. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
7. Hyrule Warriors: La era del cataclismo (Switch)
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
9. Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4)
10. Fortnite: La Última Risa (PS4)

Outside top 10:

Immortals Fenyx Rising, 2400 (Switch) 1000 (PS5), 950 (PS4) and 400 (Xbox)

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5) 700

Commandos 2 HD Remaster (Switch) 330 

FIFA 21 (PS5) 400

Hardware:

1. Nintendo Switch 25.000

2. PS5 17.650 (15,700 regular model and 1950 digital only)

3. Xbox Series 3200 (1750 Series X and 1450 Series S) really hard to find in Spain.

Source: https://vandal.elespanol.com/noticia/1350740481/ps5-vendio-casi-18000-unidades-en-espana-con-su-segunda-remesa/

Around the Network

One of these days I'd like to know why titles like Just Dance, that are meant to be played with friends, sell more on Nintendo consoles even when the competition has a bigger install base.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

One of these days I'd like to know why titles like Just Dance, that are meant to be played with friends, sell more on Nintendo consoles even when the competition has a bigger install base.

I have a PS4 and a Switch, but I never get local multiplayer games on the PS4 if they are on the Switch too (e.g. Puyo Puyo Tetris).  It's because I already know there are Nintendo only games where I will need multiple controllers like Mario Kart and Smash.  So the Switch is the system where I buy a bunch of controllers, and I really only need one controller for the PS4.  It saves money doing it this way.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
JEMC said:

I have a PS4 and a Switch, but I never get local multiplayer games on the PS4 if they are on the Switch too (e.g. Puyo Puyo Tetris).  It's because I already know there are Nintendo only games where I will need multiple controllers like Mario Kart and Smash.  So the Switch is the system where I buy a bunch of controllers, and I really only need one controller for the PS4.  It saves money doing it this way.

Hm. Interesting. I hadn't taken into consideration the extra controllers.

Thanks.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Sony really messed up with PS4 shipments and pricing this year. Left a lot of sales on the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Sony really messed up with PS4 shipments and pricing this year. Left a lot of sales on the table.

I'm not usre if you really mean pS4 or if it's a typo and you meant PS5, but I agree that Sony should have done a price cut for the PS4 this year. For a console this old, it's too expensive.

JEMC said:

Motion controlled Just Dance is superior to any other version.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
JEMC said:

Motion controlled Just Dance is superior to any other version.

If by superior you mean that people look more ridiculous, then I completely agree.

So not only is the PS4 down YoY as expected, the Switch is too? The PS5 stock situation around the world is pathetic, I wonder if they have sold through all of their preorders yet.

JEMC said:

Nintendo consoles come with the necessary motion control equipment, the competition doesn't. So the install base of consoles ready to play the Just Dance games is in fact bigger on Nintendo than their competition. Not to mention that the series really took off on the Wii and the buyers stayed on the brand.

But most importantly, it's not about the install base at all. They are meant to be played with friends, sure. But unlike most other games meant to be played with other people, these ones are specifically meant to be played in the same room as a party game, not online.

Finally, playing a couple songs in Just Dance is actually a decent workout, so quite a few buy the game to play alone just for that reason.