By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Perfect Dark Returns!

Tagged games:

Did you enjoy then new Trailer?

Loved it! 30 60.00%

Its okay.. 13 26.00%

Hated it 7 14.00%

Total:50
sales2099 said:
hinch said:

I was interesting until the talks of an episodic stealth game. Count me out :P

The rumors also said it would be in 3rd person and in the same universe as PD but no familiar characters would return. That hardly seems to be the case. 

I would be happy if they did a 3rd person Tomb Raider inspired stealth game. That would be badass. If there is any IP that can pull it off, its Perfect Dark.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
sales2099 said:

The rumors also said it would be in 3rd person and in the same universe as PD but no familiar characters would return. That hardly seems to be the case. 

I would be happy if they did a 3rd person Tomb Raider inspired stealth game. That would be badass. If there is any IP that can pull it off, its Perfect Dark.

I thought of that too, it would serve a greater good. Xbox could use more “single player 3rd person story driven action adventure” but then again the news that it’s 1st person is for the best. Better to not stray too far from the IP roots. Maybe some parts will be 3rd person like if say you are in cover but so long as it plays like a slow paced spy shooter and not a fast paced FPS then that’s what’s most important. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's probably quite a while from release. I wouldn't be holding my breath on much new information coming out all that regularly.

You a bit worried it's going to end up a bit generic as far as the weapon choices go??

CaptainExplosion said:

Have they released any information on what weapons are returning from the original game?

No idea, only ones confirmed are the Falcon 2 Pistol and the Laptop Gun based off the trailer. We can assume we will have access to flying portable drone cameras and a form of a hacking device for the electronic doors.

Lets hope they go a little ambitions and bring back the Far Sight as well as most of the cool weapons from the first game.

Azzanation said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Have they released any information on what weapons are returning from the original game?

No idea, only ones confirmed are the Falcon 2 Pistol and the Laptop Gun based off the trailer. We can assume we will have access to flying portable drone cameras and a form of a hacking device for the electronic doors.

Lets hope they go a little ambitions and bring back the Far Sight as well as most of the cool weapons from the first game.

I'm pretty hopeful that they will. I think the Farsight will be very rare. 

Imagine using that on today's controllers or worse, mouse and keyboard... 

Basically an instant win.

I have faith it'll be a good reboot though. Would love more information but am patient. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
ironmanDX said:

I have faith it'll be a good reboot though. Would love more information but am patient. 

Isn't the Farsight that really OP gun that could fire through walls?

It is, yeah. You could even see enemies through walls too.

CaptainExplosion said:
ironmanDX said:

Honestly, i never found it OP, only in the Campaign where the game play was a lot slower. Every time i got the FarSight XR-20 in Multiplayer, it was extremely hard to use especially when everyone was running and jumping all over the place, by the time i found someone to shoot, i was shot as you basically just stand there as an open target and if you had Dark Bots on, good luck. I can see it being OP if they added Proning to the game and hiding in a Bush where you have time to use the bloody thing. 

Azzanation said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Honestly, i never found it OP, only in the Campaign where the game play was a lot slower. Every time i got the FarSight XR-20 in Multiplayer, it was extremely hard to use especially when everyone was running and jumping all over the place, by the time i found someone to shoot, i was shot as you basically just stand there as an open target and if you had Dark Bots on, good luck. I can see it being OP if they added Proning to the game and hiding in a Bush where you have time to use the bloody thing. 

See, you should have set up the laptop gun as a turret first.

GG.