By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Collection ban

Did users that downloaded PS Plus collection without having a PS5 act knowing they weren't supposed to download it on their PS4 and are immoral?

Yes 11 57.89%

No 8 42.11%

Total:19
Bandorr said:
green_sky said:

When i get a new console. First thing i do is read the TOS. What a joke.

By the way i don't have a horse in this race. Don't have PS5 and didn't ask someone to redeem for me. Let them fight. Just so stupid of Sony.

If you have to read a TOS to think that selling your account to 50+ people will get you banned..  you have many other problems.

Yea telling a billion dollar corporation that they have issues for banning their new users is bad. Telling a fellow forum member, they have issues for pointing out the former. Totally okay. 

Rather have issues like that, then be someone like you. 

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Bandorr said:

If you have to read a TOS to think that selling your account to 50+ people will get you banned..  you have many other problems.

Yea telling a billion dollar corporation that they have issues for banning their new users is bad. Telling a fellow forum member, they have issues for pointing out the former. Totally okay. 

Rather have issues like that, then be someone like you. 

What the hell are you on about man?

Like are you being serious?

You can't be serious....

shikamaru317 said:
green_sky said:

Yea it is a selling point for a console that is sold out all the time. 

I hadn't tried to use it even though I have an active 12 month PS+ subscription. Now I find that I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway.

Well if PS+ Collection isn't available to PS4 users even though they're paying the same monthly/yearly fee for PS+ as PS5 users, I can hardly blame people for using friend's PS5 consoles to activate the Collection. It is 100% dirty of Sony if they are banning people that do that. If people are selling PS+ Collection access online, that is one thing, Sony is well within their rights to ban for doing that, those people are stealing money from Sony. But banning legit PS4 PS+ subscribers who are just using their friends PS5 to activate a service that should have been available to PS4 owners to begin with, that is wrong for sure. Hopefully there is enough backlash that Sony is forced to capitulate. 

So do you also want all games that are included on bundles for new buyers be included in your library as well?

Sony is doing a promotion to attract PS5 purchase by offering 20 games for free if they have a valid PS+ 

Loaning, selling, gifting access to people that don't have a PS5 is essentially either doing charitable work with another person pockets (in this case Sony and devs) or is profiting from other people property (which mind you is a crime).

Not sure why you are defending them though. Some have sold as much as 300 reclaim for PS Collection.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

My buddy is getting a PS5. Would it be ok if i were to logged into my account on his PS5 just to claim the free game and never download them until I get my own PS5. Then afterwards my buddy can then delete my account/format or watever, and then he can create his own account and claim the games after?

I just want to claim in case Sony decides to pull the plug on the collection before I get my PS5 years later.

Bandorr said:
V-r0cK said:

My buddy is getting a PS5. Would it be ok if i were to logged into my account on his PS5 just to claim the free game and never download them until I get my own PS5. Then afterwards my buddy can then delete my account/format or watever, and then he can create his own account and claim the games after?

I just want to claim in case Sony decides to pull the plug on the collection before I get my PS5 years later.

That would probably be reasonable. As opposed to the 50, or 300+ that people are doing. They are probably being busted on the extreme amount of connections to one account, or because they are selling that info on ebay.

They will probably give full warning before pulling it, I doubt they even pull it though.

Awesome good to know :)

Around the Network

If you try to sell the games you get for free, you get what you deserve. A ban.

2 months or more seems harsh for a console you've just bought though.

V-r0cK said:

I don’t think you need to do this since, as far as I know, the PS Collection isn’t a timed thing.

You’ll get the collection whenever you manage to buy yourself a PS5.

Heres is a thing... among all those small words in PS5 user contract sony most likely predicted this situation and created defenses for this.
That said... Did i get banned for sharing these advantages on good will, just 2 or 3 friends, without knowing possible implications and with no personal gains? If yes, than Sony will need to answer for this, there is space for discussion here, but...
if, for example, my PS5 have been used on registering +200 people! There are clear signs of fraud here, sufficient to demonstrate abusive practice from users, especially if it is identified that the PS5 owner had some kind of personal gain. (for example, received money to guarantee access to PS5 games)
It is complex, it depends on the user's good faith ( for example, Year 2007, I bought a PS3 to use as a server, clearly good faith, mainly because Sony has no right to define "how I use the console"). In cases of abusive pratice, Sony must undoubtedly have valid mechanisms to ban users supported by a "valid final user agreement".

Last edited by Manlytears - on 04 December 2020

Manlytears said:

Heres is a thing... among all those small words in PS5 user contract sony most likely predicted this situation and created defenses for this.
That said... Did i get banned for sharing these advantages on good will, just 2 or 3 friends, without knowing possible implications and with no personal gains? If yes, than Sony will need to answer for this, there is space for discussion here, but...
if, for example, my PS5 have been used on registering +200 people! There are clear signs of fraud here, sufficient to demonstrate abusive practice from users, especially if it is identified that the PS5 owner had some kind of personal gain. (for example, received money to guarantee access to PS5 games)
It is complex, it depends on the user's good faith ( for example, Year 2007, I bought a PS3 to use as a server, clearly good faith, mainly because Sony has no right to define "how I use the console"). In cases of abusive pratice, Sony must undoubtedly have valid mechanisms to ban users supported by a "valid final user agreement".

No. Its not complex at all. And there is no ambiguity in this.

This is not a situation where you sharing "your" account with your friends or family. This is a situation where you are allowing others to sign into your PS5 with their account for the sole purpose of getting content that is meant for people that own a PS5. It doesn't matter if you do it for one person, or for 5 people or for free or take money. It's illegal if it's against sony's TOS. That "free" content you redistributing, is not yours to share. 

Simple as that.

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

So do you also want all games that are included on bundles for new buyers be included in your library as well?

Sony is doing a promotion to attract PS5 purchase by offering 20 games for free if they have a valid PS+ 

Loaning, selling, gifting access to people that don't have a PS5 is essentially either doing charitable work with another person pockets (in this case Sony and devs) or is profiting from other people property (which mind you is a crime).

Not sure why you are defending them though. Some have sold as much as 300 reclaim for PS Collection.

When did I defend the people selling? I straight up said in that post you quoted that Sony is in the right for banning the sellers. I'm defending those who are helping out friends to get access to it.

It may be a promotion, but it's a bad idea. You don't give some of your subscribers access to something that excludes other subscribers who are paying the same amount, that is just not right. 

This is just a weird way of looking at it.

You are looking at it as if this is something they are"giving to PS+ subscribers"...

When its more like something they are giving to PS5 purchasers as a value add/promotion or bonus if they also happen to get or have a PS+ subscription. 

It's like Netflix and LG does a promotion, where if you buy an LG TVandpay for or already have a Netflix subscription you get 6 months free. What you are saying is that because Netflix is doing that deal with LG, they should just give every subscriber they have 6 months free?