By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Collection ban

Did users that downloaded PS Plus collection without having a PS5 act knowing they weren't supposed to download it on their PS4 and are immoral?

Yes 11 57.89%

No 8 42.11%

Total:19

So like expected a bunch of PS4 owners have either asked for free or paid PS5 owners to claim the PS Plus collection and download on their consoles.

After a lot of PS5 have likely been permanently banned from ever entering PSN again and several PS4 accounts suspended without a due date, a bunch of them are claiming to not having done anything wrong and blaming Sony for allowing the practice and now acting to enforce the TOS.

A group of PS5 owners is looking to sue Sony over their ban.

This will be a great novel to follow.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This is so flipping dumb. So banned PS5 owners now have $700 cad toasters?

DonFerrari said:

So like expected a bunch of PS4 owners have either asked for free or paid PS5 owners to claim the PS Plus collection and download on their consoles.

After a lot of PS5 have likely been permanently banned from ever entering PSN again and several PS4 accounts suspended without a due date, a bunch of them are claiming to not having done anything wrong and blaming Sony for allowing the practice and now acting to enforce the TOS.

Given how so many people have been screwed over by scalpers and prevented from even getting the PS5 to make the claim, I see no problem with someone maybe getting on their friend's PS5 to make a claim.  It is anti consumer for Sony to punish anyone that had access to a PS5 one way or another, and made a claim with their legitimate PSN account.

Now people selling the access online and making a profit?  That is another story, and they are using Sony's IP to profit for themselves.  Sony has every right to go after this group of people.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

shikamaru317 said:

What exactly are the details on this? I heard that PS5 owners were trying to sell their PS Plus Collection codes online, and were getting banned for it. That sounds ok to me, you shouldn't try and sell free codes that come with your system imo. But are they banning the people that buy and use those codes as well? If so, that is wrong of Sony for sure, most of those people had no idea the code they were getting was sold to them illegally.

I think it was grey ish area. If your friend got a PS5, you could give them your username and password (assuming you had PS+). They could add the collection games to your account. Then you can play them on your PS4. 

As far i understand. I could be wrong. 

The PS+ Collection should of been available to subscribers on the PS4 along side the PS5 from the start so people don't have to activate it through a PS5 console.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
WoodenPints said:

The PS+ Collection should of been available to subscribers on the PS4 along side the PS5 from the start so people don't have to activate it through a PS5 console.

Wait, for real? PS+ Collection is PS5 only? That is super lame if true. PS4 owners are spending the same money on PS+ that PS5 owners are spending, they should get all the same benefits as PS5 owners. 

Yea it is a selling point for a console that is sold out all the time. 

Shiken said:
DonFerrari said:

Given how so many people have been screwed over by scalpers and prevented from even getting the PS5 to make the claim, I see no problem with someone maybe getting on their friend's PS5 to make a claim.  It is anti consumer for Sony to punish anyone that had access to a PS5 one way or another, and made a claim with their legitimate PSN account.

Now people selling the access online and making a profit?  That is another story, and they are using Sony's IP to profit for themselves.  Sony has every right to go after this group of people.

Are you serious?

It's in the TOS for a reason. Sony is being pro-consumer by allowing people to be able to sign into other people's consoles with their PSN and even sharing games with family. But when that thing gets abused it's a different matter entirely. And that's what these people are doing. And its easy to track, I am sure sony isn't banning EVERYONE that has done this but banning people that did it from PS console that has registered a suspiciously high amount of such transactions. Probably anything above 4/5. That's why they are banning the primary account on the console but only suspending the sub-accounts.

When i get a new console. First thing i do is read the TOS. What a joke.

By the way i don't have a horse in this race. Don't have PS5 and didn't ask someone to redeem for me. Let them fight. Just so stupid of Sony.

shikamaru317 said:
WoodenPints said:

Wait, for real? PS+ Collection is PS5 only? That is super lame if true. PS4 owners are spending the same money on PS+ that PS5 owners are spending, they should get all the same benefits as PS5 owners. 

No.PS+ collection is not something you are getting just because you own PS+.It's something you get because you are a PS+ subscriber than own a PS5. The qualifier here is you "owning" a PS5.

Its not going anywhere, whenever you get a PS5, if you are still subbed to PS+, you get all those games anyway.

green_sky said:

When i get a new console. First thing i do is read the TOS. What a joke.

By the way i don't have a horse in this race. Don't have PS5 and didn't ask someone to redeem for me. Let them fight. Just so stupid of Sony.

Stupid of Sony?

Oh my...