By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've got all 4 FIFA games for Switch, am I a bad person? EDIT: now 5

Am I?

Absolutely 43 78.18%

Nay 9 16.36%

FIFA is god-tier 3 5.45%

Total:55
Metallox said:

Yeah, I've got them all. 

I play these games exclusively for Career mode, and I'm aware that there is an offering that is actually good in that regard, Football Manager, but FIFA has official logos and kits, so I don't have a problem sticking with it. Theorically speaking, you could update each year's rosters yourself, eliminating the need of buying more than one of these games, but age is an important factor that boosts or handicaps players in Career mode, not to mention that I don't like missing on kits' updates.

Something funny about FIFA games on Switch is that they're all the same, which is not exactly unknown but a lot of people love to boast that FIFA 20 and 21 are exactly the same as FIFA 19, but in reality all three games are identical as 18, the only thing that differentiates them is the inclusion of the UEFA competitions in the three most recent editions. That's the thing that made EA claim that 19 was a worthy evolution of 18. 

Despite all that, I don't think EA is exactly in the wrong by re-releasing the same game 3 times, I think the problem would fade away if they charged lower prices for each release, like Konami did this year with PES 2021, if I'm not mistaken. 20 dollars seems fair to me, I don't know about you, 25 at most. The games are always on sale in Amazon anyway, but I think it would be much better if EA officially ackowledged that it's of really bad taste charging near full price for an almost literal copy-paste game. I never paid full price for any of these things, FIFA 21 costed me 400 pesos, which is 20 dollars more or less. I think something even more ideal is just releasing anual updates to a single game, I think that's what they should even being doing on the main platforms. But, of course, that's not what people want.

Ok, so with all that being said, am I wrong by owning these four games? Should I burn them? Let me know and I'll consider it. 

You have your right to buy and enjoy any game, it's your own taste. Anyone criticize your taste are just silly.

Around the Network
Metallox said:

VGChartz's image uploader also hates that I have all FIFA games for Switch.

Understandable.

SecondWar said:
SKMBlake said:

Nope.

I’m quoting the Nintendo Life review. I’ve played neither the Xbox 360 version of Fifa 17 or the Switch version of Fifa 22 (although I did briefly play Fifa 19 on Switch) so I can say it from experience but it certainly sounds like an EA thing to do.

Yeah but they are wrong, the Switch version uses the old PS4 engine (Ignite Engine) while the X360 version was never upgraded to the Ignite engine

Fifa on Switch is basically Fifa 16 on PS4/Xbox One

YES. But we forgive you because of this. 

SKMBlake said:
SecondWar said:

I’m quoting the Nintendo Life review. I’ve played neither the Xbox 360 version of Fifa 17 or the Switch version of Fifa 22 (although I did briefly play Fifa 19 on Switch) so I can say it from experience but it certainly sounds like an EA thing to do.

Yeah but they are wrong, the Switch version uses the old PS4 engine (Ignite Engine) while the X360 version was never upgraded to the Ignite engine

Point proven - still comes across as a crappy thing for EA to do.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
SecondWar said:

Can't properly check because I'm on mobile, but I was confident the Switch versions looked exactly like the late PS360 releases, just with a little more grass and other things. If they don't and they're indeed based on PS4/ONE, then it's still indisputable that the modes still work like they did in the 7th generation. Career mode still has the same oddities that the games had in the PS360 era like having an incredibly small and repetitive pool of teams to choose from at the end of a season, regardless of your achievements during the previous year. 

Even the same bugs are still present. You still can buy players for free doing a certain trick, academies still can soft-lock your save file if you're not careful, forcing you to load an older file; teams can break apart the older the files get, usually after 11 seasons. 

That's the stuff I wish could've gotten some a attention, but this is EA, so I guess there's nothing to be surprised of. I bought 22 for 20 dollars, and that's what the suggested price should be at this point. EA could even go further and offer annual updates to a specific game in the form of DLCs. 10 dollars would be nice for the valuable players' stats and league updates, that's honestly all I am paying for. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Yes. /topic

Yup OP is terrible human being.

I understand getting one of those games. But not 2 or more. They are literally all the same game.

axumblade said:

You weren't a bad person until you got the 5th one. You're lucky that my mod title is mostly decorational....

Wonder what will you do when you learn I bought the sixth one. But if I'm lucky it won't be called FIFA 23, it'll be a different game. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
axumblade said:

You weren't a bad person until you got the 5th one. You're lucky that my mod title is mostly decorational....

Wonder what will you do when you learn I bought the sixth one. But if I'm lucky it won't be called FIFA 23, it'll be a different game. 

I have to agree with axumblade - as far as evil deeds go though, you are only torturing yourself so...

Why though? I seriously don’t get why you would do this. Even getting FIFA 22 after making this thread.