There is so much wrong in your post.
So far PS5 isn't facing any more competition than the PS4 did.
Google, Amazon and Apple are irrelevant in the console space and most likely won't be during this gen.
Most console buyers do buy by brand, or at least by the games associated with it. Even if you go by pure value the PS5 is far ahead with their discless version.
Wii U showed nothing that is in any way relevant to the current generation.
Nobody who buys the PS5 will buy it because it has a shiny new controller. They will buy it because it's a Playstation.
I forgot to repley at the time.. but the above is delusional beyond time.
"So far PS5 isn't facing any more competition than the PS4 did"
1. Nintendo and Microsoft in top shape (With PS4.. both had negativ PR)
2. Some of the biggest companys in the world (many times bigger than sony) have startet.. and will burn billions of dollars to get in on the action (no matter how you spin it.. thats not the same as last time)
3. Cloud gaming is here.. big % of the console market can now play New AAA games without have to buy a console (This we will get attention from some parents and more casual gamers)
"Google, Amazon and Apple are irrelevant in the console space and most likely won't be during this gen"
4. We know they will invest heavily.. how on earth can you just say they will be "irrelevant"
Also remember that they allready has us in in their ecosystems.
"Most console buyers do buy by brand, or at least by the games associated with it"
That's what I'm saying :) Do not buy by brand.. The reason I say this is that I often see people act like just becourse its a playstation it will sell. The reality is that the average video game customer look at "the value in hand" and if they trust that company.
"Wii U showed nothing that is in any way relevant to the current generation"
5. It showed that the most popular console and games.. dosent automatic translates to succes with next console.
"Nobody who buys the PS5 will buy it because it has a shiny new controller"
The hole point of this tread is to find out.. from people who tried it.. if DUALSENSE is inded the reason why (non playstation drones) will see extra value and therefor choose PS5. But thanks for your input
1. Nintendo's Switch competed with PS4 and it did nothing to its success. It will compete with the PS5 and will also do nothing. Blaming the X1's lack of success to bad PR at the start is delusional. XSX has a better starting position but still the exact same flaws the X1 had, which is why it will yet again not put a dent in PS5's success.
2. Nobody is burning billions to compete with Sony or Nintendo. The console business is a terrible business for anyone but the established consoles. Nobody actually wants to build a competitor, because that is way too expensive, when it's so much easier and less risky to generate revenue by just making software. Just think of the many times in the past decades when news broke that some bigshot is trying to get into the console space and then nothing happened.
3. Cloud gaming is not here. Currently it is nothing more than a less preferable option to gaming. Cloud gaming is here when we see Nintendo and Sony games in the cloud and Sony isn't making consoles anymore.
4. Neither google or Amazon will build competitor consoles. They will try to build cloud gaming and will only find success after this gen. WHat they invest in will be a market niche to be first there. But a market niche isn't the same as a competitor to Sony or Nintendo. They will not compete against them this gen and they will not try because they know it would be stupid.
5. Sony shows that you can have 4 wildly successful generations in a row, so there is that. Nintendo shows how you can still fail while being Nintendo. Last time I checked Sony isn't Nintendo, as such it's irrelevant what the Wii U did.
But this is getting off topic. Point is that Dualsense is not gonna be relevant to selling PS5s in any meaningful way. Exactly as it was in all previous gens. It's kinda demeaning to even suggest that the Dualsense will have as much impact as all the other great things that makes the PS5 worth buying. It's like suggesting that the quality of the packing material is somehow relevant to sales.
Dualsense is packing material. You expect it to be there and do its job, but you don't buy it for it.