By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Covid-19 poll

Do you or have you had covid 19?

Yes with symptoms 7 10.29%

Yes without symptoms 1 1.47%

No 60 88.24%

Total:68

So my wife has tested positive for Covid 19,  which pretty much means its inevitable that I catch it, and even now im starting to feel.....odd!! But it got me thinking what the % of active VGC's users have caught covid.

So lets have a chat about side effects, symptons, thing to do in insolation, Ways we can cope etc

Last edited by Nogamez - on 28 November 2020

Around the Network

Not yet got it but i'm starting to know plenty who had it.

I wish you both well.

Covid has slowed down a lot in my town (Cordeirópolis, Brazil). We have a population of around 23.000 people, and so far we got 1.870 cases, over 1.600 recovered and 24 deaths. One of the hospitals here is working exclusively to Coronavirus, but in the last weeks it's pretty much empty.

I'm still fine. I always wear mask when going to places with lots of people, and even when going to my local restaurant. I'm doing everything to avoid getting caught by the virus, and so far it's working.

Now the only thing I fear its a second wave here.

Immersiveunreality said:

Not yet got it but i'm starting to know plenty who had it.

I wish you both well.

Thanks

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Covid has slowed down a lot in my town (Cordeirópolis, Brazil). We have a population of around 23.000 people, and so far we got 1.870 cases, over 1.600 recovered and 24 deaths. One of the hospitals here is working exclusively to Coronavirus, but in the last weeks it's pretty much empty.

I'm still fine. I always wear mask when going to places with lots of people, and even when going to my local restaurant. I'm doing everything to avoid getting caught by the virus, and so far it's working.

Now the only thing I fear its a second wave here.

Yeah I mean, we was the same, mask up in public etc. But unfortunately it hit the wifes college class :(

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

So lets have a chat about side effects, symptons, thing to do in insolation, Ways we can cope etc

Lots of people have lingering after effects for weeks and months on end.
Some have permanent damage.

If your unlucky, and lose your sense of smell / taste, becasue the virus killed those cells that are responsible for it.... it could be permanent.
Going through life without ever smelling or tasteing things, is kinda sucky.

Its been linked to diabetes... so if you catch covid19, your more likely to lateron in life (already noticed in statistics) get diabetes.
if it attacks a important organ (say kidneys), this thing will have lasting effects on your life.

From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/long-term-effects.html

most commonly reported long-term symptoms include:

• Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain

reported long-term symptoms include:

• Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
  • Depression
  • Muscle pain
  • Headache
  • Intermittent fever
  • Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)

serious long-term complications (less common):

• Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
  • Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
  • Renal: acute kidney injury
  • Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
  • Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
  • Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood

The "organ" damage is the big one.
Apparently its "uncommon" that its a huge issue, but almost everyone that gets covid19, gets minor organ damage.
Its pretty common to hear, that people months and months afterwards dont feel back to 100% (and may never again be).

This virus doesnt just attack 1 area of the body, it goes basically everywere.
Brain, lunges, kidneys, heart,.... ect (important things)

Blood clots... and strokes, are things to look out for as well.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 November 2020

I've been lucky enough not to get it, but I know two people who did.

The first, a guy in his early 30s, was in hospital for weeks, and months later still isn't back to his former self; ever since he gets tired and out of breath easily.

The second, a woman in her early 20s, had a mild flu-like case and hasn't had any long terms repercussions so far.

The best advice I can give is to make sure you and your wife remain in isolation as much as possible for the during of your illness, and if you feel your condition is getting serious, seek medical attention without delay.

I wish you both the very best; if it helps at all, treatment has come a long way since the early days of the pandemic so the odds are good you will both be fine.

curl-6 said:

I wish you both the very best; if it helps at all, treatment has come a long way since the early days of the pandemic so the odds are good you will both be fine.

Treatment has come a long way.... alot less people die to it, now.
However alot of people still get permanent damage, even if they dont die to it.

That guy in his 30s thats still suffering from weakness/out of breath months afterwards.... that could be a permanent thing.
Rest of his life, he might be like that (if thats from organ damage (lunges, heart, kidneys)).

JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Treatment has come a long way.... alot less people die to it, now.
However alot of people still get permanent damage, even if they dont die to it.

That guy in his 30s thats still suffering from weakness/out of breath months afterwards.... that could be a permanent thing.
Rest of his life, he might be like that (like if thats from organ damage (lunges, heart, kidneys).

It is true that there can be serious long term side effects, which we don't yet fully understand, I'm aware of that. I only meant to try to make Nogamez feel a little better.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 November 2020

Voted no, but actually I don't know. There are some people got it but are still not aware it.