By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do you or have you had covid 19?

Yes with symptoms 7 10.29%

Yes without symptoms 1 1.47%

No 60 88.24%

Total:68
derpysquirtle64 said:

Voted no, but actually I don't know. There are some people got it but are still not aware it.

That is a good point, to the best of my knowledge I never contracted it, but I can't say definitively as I never got an antibody test. I could have been asymptomatic. 

Around the Network

Dunno if this thread is necessary, since we have a Covid thread, but for now, I guess we'll wait and see. Just a general reminder that the mod team is pretty firmly against Covid misinformation. If you take issue with this policy, that's an issue that should addressed via PM, questioning it here will most likely result in at least a thread ban.

On topic, I don't know. If I did contract it, I did not have any symptoms. I've been very reclusive, so I would guess I haven't had it, but I haven't gotten tested. I actually only know personally one person who had it, but I'm an introvert, so I don't know that many people well enough that I'd know if they were sick.

As for OP, best wishes to you and your wife. With most people it is not life threatening, so hopefully you'll be ok. I hope you'll also do your best to stay as quarantined as possible. 

I was really sick in February, but I am still sure I didn't get coronavirus as I don't have any long term symptoms.

When I did have the sickness, I was adamant about going to the gym and work, which was irresponsible.

Farsala said:

I was really sick in February, but I am still sure I didn't get coronavirus as I don't have any long term symptoms.

When I did have the sickness, I was adamant about going to the gym and work, which was irresponsible.

No need to beat yourself up. In February, I'm not sure many people really knew how serious it was. If I had gotten it... and there were no accommodations in place, I probably still would've been going to classes. All we could do is make the best decisions possible with the information we have.

At my bro's shop a worker got it and possibly a second. It's a small shop and everyone is around each other often enough, and they aren't super careful with masks either. About a month ago one worker in his early 50's had cold symptoms for a few days near the end of the week. A friend of his in their late 40's at the shop had a really bad cough the following Monday, went to get tested, and was positive, had to quarantine. He assumes he got it from his friend, the other worker, who was now on vacation hunting for the week. Initial worker never found out if they had it or not, but said their symptoms stopped days later and that was it. Warned his hunting group after the fact that it could have been covid, but apparently none of them got sick. Second worker ended up quite sick during the week, though apparently that's pretty normal for them when they get sick I guess. No loss of taste or smell either.

Nobody else got sick at all there though, and none of them have heard from anyone they've been around getting sick, which my bro and his co workers find really odd based on the circumstances considering how easily it's suppose to spread. My bro rarely get's really sick, though he get's sick often enough, way more than I do. Almost seems as much as covid can spread, it's pretty particular as to who it can infect. While not necessarily likely, though possible, my bro could have been immune already.

Mid Jan of this year there was a Chinese couple who came to my parents farm for a sale tour of the property, who had just come over from China for the week, and both were clearly sick. Mom ended up getting pretty sick with a cough and actually went to the hospital a few days later, because apparently she woke up early and was having a little trouble breathing and it didn't pass after a while. That's not normal for her at all. The hospital didn't seem to concerned though, and by lunch she said she felt mostly normal again, and by the next morning back to normal. My bro saw her the day after and got fairly sick afterwards as well but nothing that worrisome. Both my dad and I saw him while he was sick and neither of us got sick. When covid became a concern here months later, we all kinda wondered if that's what they had potentially. Maybe, maybe not.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

When covid became a concern here months later, we all kinda wondered if that's what they had potentially. Maybe, maybe not.

Why not undergo antibody test? It is cheap and and you can get the results fast. If all of you have developed antibodies, at least it can you  a sense of security.

I'd say yes because there is no way I haven't had it by now. I've been commuting to work by train since it all started. I also had 2 colds at the start of the year which has never happened before so one of those was probably COVID.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

wohufana said:
EricHiggin said:

When covid became a concern here months later, we all kinda wondered if that's what they had potentially. Maybe, maybe not.

Why not undergo antibody test? It is cheap and and you can get the results fast. If all of you have developed antibodies, at least it can you  a sense of security.

You can't get an antibody test in Ontario and it's probably too late now anyway.

I voted no, but I might have had it in Februari. My wife got really sick with a severe double pneumonia. Her lung function was down to 20%, her whole arms would turn blue from lack of oxygen. She felt like she wouldn't make it through the night for weeks due to trouble breathing. She also had loss of smell and taste and when she went to the ER they found signs of blood clots (but they couldn't pinpoint them). Later we found out those are all classic signs of covid-19 and that it was likely spreading here as early as Januari.

She finally recovered yet was quickly out of breath for months after and is still not feeling 100%. always tired. Her sense of smell came back but she says it feels off. I remember having a lingering weird throat ache for a month which I never have. (If I get sick I'm usually over it in a couple days). I also felt more tired but nothing serious. We normally don't interact a lot with people, so little chance of spreading it on. But that also means smaller chance of having caught it in the first place.

I tried getting anti body tests 3 months later but it's only here for study purpose, not available on demand. By now the regular anti bodies are long gone, no clue if there's a t-cell test. So no idea whether we might have had it or if we can get it again, thus still isolating. Since if it was just a regular pneumonia, my wife won't stand a chance with covid-19.

Our kids have 'enjoyed' online schooling since the summer (Schools closed from March break before that) and the positive of that is, no further illnesses since March. Normally the kids always bring some cold or flu home and my wife always catches it. Not this time, no more sniffles, no more regular pneumonia (my wife gets that pretty much every fall) so there are some positives to this pandemic.

Well so far guys we are doing ok, the wife is still ill, but still managing at home, and im feeling ok at the moment. Thanks everybody

SvennoJ said:
wohufana said:

You can't get an antibody test in Ontario and it's probably too late now anyway.

I voted no, but I might have had it in Februari. My wife got really sick with a severe double pneumonia. Her lung function was down to 20%, her whole arms would turn blue from lack of oxygen. She felt like she wouldn't make it through the night for weeks due to trouble breathing. She also had loss of smell and taste and when she went to the ER they found signs of blood clots (but they couldn't pinpoint them). Later we found out those are all classic signs of covid-19 and that it was likely spreading here as early as Januari.

She finally recovered yet was quickly out of breath for months after and is still not feeling 100%. always tired. Her sense of smell came back but she says it feels off. I remember having a lingering weird throat ache for a month which I never have. (If I get sick I'm usually over it in a couple days). I also felt more tired but nothing serious. We normally don't interact a lot with people, so little chance of spreading it on. But that also means smaller chance of having caught it in the first place.

I tried getting anti body tests 3 months later but it's only here for study purpose, not available on demand. By now the regular anti bodies are long gone, no clue if there's a t-cell test. So no idea whether we might have had it or if we can get it again, thus still isolating. Since if it was just a regular pneumonia, my wife won't stand a chance with covid-19.

Our kids have 'enjoyed' online schooling since the summer (Schools closed from March break before that) and the positive of that is, no further illnesses since March. Normally the kids always bring some cold or flu home and my wife always catches it. Not this time, no more sniffles, no more regular pneumonia (my wife gets that pretty much every fall) so there are some positives to this pandemic.

Well you would think with our envious healthcare system it wouldn't be a problem, but just because it's 'universally free' doesn't mean it's an all day buffet. Aside from that, nobody in the family has anything to really worry about in terms of health. Mom was getting radiation treatment about a month after covid hit, so we were extra careful then (even though she may have been immune already), but she's been back to normal for quite some time now. None of us are all that worried about ourselves. If the illness was much more deadly or if any of us had considerable ongoing health concerns that would be different.

It's one thing to worry about yourself, and another to worry about others. Protecting the old, weak, and those with underlying conditions certainly has to be done within reason. When it comes to those who are likely to fight it off with little worry, I don't see the point in trying to blanket protect them. If they feel they need extra protection, they can do so to the best of their abilities. The system just needs to make sure products and options are available to them. If you're afraid of flying, you can take a vehicle or boat instead, but you don't force everyone else who's comfortable with flying to drive or sail as well. There's no guarantee that plane full of comfortable passengers won't crash either, as unlikely as it might be. Even more unlikely to crash into the vehicle or boat the flight phobic individual is traveling on instead.