By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think PlayStation 5 sales will be as good as Nintendo Switch sales?

PotentHerbs said:

DS and PSP aren't consoles. 

DS and PSP are consoles. They aren't HOME consoles, but they are HANDHELD consoles. People that think console just means home consoles bug me. 

Around the Network
YanisFromFrance said:

Nintendo consoles have much better sales dynamics but Sony has better longevity

So I guess you could say Sony has better "sales dynamics" by virtue of the fact that they have better longevity. 

Here we are again. I mean I am the only one that remembers people predicting the Wii would maybe do better than the Ps2, that the Ps4 wouldn't pass the 100 million, that the Switch would fail, that the PsP/DS would be a tight race. Many of those predictions were done many months or even years after the launch. So sorry but I don't think that anyone can actually really know how many Switch or PS5 are going to be sold.

Doctor_MG said:
PotentHerbs said:

DS and PSP are consoles. They aren't HOME consoles, but they are HANDHELD consoles. People that think console just means home consoles bug me. 

Traditionally, most people don't consider handhelds as consoles, but even if you consider them "handheld consoles," it's not comparable to home consoles since handhelds are a completely different market. 

Ka-pi96 said:
PotentHerbs said:

ugh... yeah they are.

Even so, different markets, different comparisons. 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

Traditionally, most people don't consider handhelds as consoles, but even if you consider them "handheld consoles," it's not comparable to home consoles since handhelds are a completely different market. 

"handhelds are a completely different market"

They aren't a completely different market, they are a subsection of the same market. Videogame consoles is a market, then there are subsections of "home" and "Handheld". 

PotentHerbs said:
Doctor_MG said:

let's not forget PSP could connect to a TV and play games on the TV.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I will say the PS5 will sell more units than the Xbox. I can see PS5 selling 125mil.
The Xbox, honestly I think with them choosing to put there exclusives on PC as well as the console will hurt console sales, I don't think that MS really cares so much as they are going after that sweet GP money. But I see XB S|X Selling around 55mil, They may get some people back but in the end I think the hype dies down after the 1st year. IF the after market is any indication something maybe happening now, there seems to be more hype around the PS5 and the Xbox is dying off.

No it’s gonna decline from the PS4

the ps5 will do better than the switch, without a doubt