By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV hardware boost predictions!!!

1 million for PS3 and 250k for 360.

Sorry, someone had to say it

Around the Network

I actually wouldn't be surprised that for the first week at least the 360 versions sells better in both regions. After the first week though I'd expect the ps3 version to edge out the 360 version in others. You see that with a lot of games.

I'm just wondering, but why does everyone seem to think that PS3 will have a larger effect on hardware sales then 360 due to GTAIV? I'm not saying it won't but I just want to here everybody's opinion on this.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

i'm not sure about figures but i think 360 will sell alot more software, while the ps3 will shift more hardware.

I think both consoles will move similar amounts of hardware.

Around the Network

I'm not predicting for sales, but I think that the people who already own PS3s/X360s got the system with this game in mind. I doubt the sales of the consoles themselves will be anything extraordinary. I think X360 will sell more units, however, not due to the game, but people trying to buy another extra X360 in case they get RRoD.

I won't give solid numbers, but I expect that the volume of hardware sold will actually help the PS3 more than the 360 (i.e. the PS3 will sell more hardware than the 360). The reasons for this include the fact that the 360 is already in more homes and until recent the GTA series was synonymous with the Playstation platform. But I don't expect the increase to be as high as many are predicting. 1.5 (360) to 2 (PS3) times as many units as a normal week for launch and slowly settling back down over the month after that.

As for the actual software sales, however, the 360 will take that crown for the same factor listed above -- the system is in more homes. I expect a 65/35 split between the 360/PS3 due to the installed base and the bonus content being a 360 exclusive.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

CaptainPrefrences said:
a little off topic but,

Will GT5P boost north american sales?

yes - but only a little

Hardware:
PS3 250k
Xbox360 200k

Software:
PS3 2 to 2.5 million
Xbox360 2.5 to 3 million

All is Worldwide