By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor- Square Enix considering selling off it's western division to Ubisoft after The Avengers disappointment

LMAO...no

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Sounds like a huge exaggeration just because of 1 game underperfoming. Specially seeing the IPs they'd be selling... So yeah, no.

But what do I know, always felt that of all the developers/publishers, Square are the ones that hate money the most, they are sitting in a winning lottery ticket of IPs and they are too much of a bunch of pussies to cash in.

Well 4chan did accurately predict that Microsoft was buying Sega, so...

They really need another 1000 developers to make Assassin's Creed, don't they.

Tomb Raider with Ubisoft might not be so bad actually.

Around the Network

Would be crazy if true, probably would use the ip better as well.

Looking forward to discovering that Tomb Raider is in the same world as Assassin's Creed and Watchdog. Ubisoft Gameverse confirmed.

I don't even know what to think. It's hard to decided which one is worse, Square or Ubisoft. I guess there's no winning for those studios.

I rather not, I like SquareEnix much more than Ubi. At least it isn't EA or Activision

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:

I doubt this is happening, but if it does happen, I really hope that Ubisoft treats these IP's better than Square Enix has. Square put Deus Ex and Tomb Raider on indefinite hiatus for a multi-game Marvel deal (without even finishing the current Deus Ex trilogy first), and Sleeping Dogs has been dead for years now, even though it sold pretty well (5m+ lifetime across all platforms), they let the studio who developed it go bankrupt instead of greenlighting a sequel.

It Gonna be worst trust me, They will Milk Tomb Rider to death for the Uncharted Crowd Goldmine with little to no consideration for the Deus Ex, i mean they still ignore Splinter Cell, Rayman, Prince of Persia Fanbase for years , and the only thing we get after a whole decade is a Sands of time remake that looks like a PS3 Game (even without a switch version to justify for that lol).