By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ads on VGCHARTZ

Is the advertising on VGChartz too much?

Yes 31 79.49%

No 2 5.13%

Don't care as I'm an entitled fuck 6 15.38%

Total:39

Ok so I understand the fiscal realities of having a website but hell's bell the ads are intrusive. They're getting worse and we all know it so would you rather pay a small fee for content or put up with the ads? Personally I'm thinking of leaving 

Around the Network

I used to be on here everyday, 1st thing on a morning, on my phone, Facebook, then Vgchartz, then get up lol. Now i very rarely use VGC at all, cos it absolutely sucks on your phone now, ads just pop up and completey block your screen.

Or use a free addblock

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Don't care, I'm a supporter.

Pretty sure there is nothing to do about that, owner of the site doesnt care. So you either use adblock or leave

Around the Network

There is no ads in VGChartz, there is VGChartz in ads

No idea how the site looks with ads now (adblock) but there was a time when I couldn't even hit "post" because ads were covering the button.

My adblock stopped working on her for some reason. I stopped using the site on PC unless im making a thread because of the ads. Mostly use the mobile site now.

Years ago I browsed the Internet without adblocker. This was the site that put me over the edge.

Farsala said:
Years ago I browsed the Internet without adblocker. This was the site that put me over the edge.

same...as well as script blockers.  Javascript was the devil on this site about a decade ago.