By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost Of Tsushima Sales Surpass 5 Million Copies Sold

Via PushSquare:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/ghost_of_tsushima_sales_exceed_five_million_in_just_four_months

Great milestone for this new IP!

The newly released Legends expansion should help give it some long legs.

If you haven't played the main game yet - I highly recommend playing with the Japanese voiceovers on.  

You can even change it to a film grain black and white setting like the old Samurai movies.

Around the Network

That's amazing! I still havent picked this up yet but will when I get PS5

Impressive. The game I am looking forward the most to play. Time to fix that horrible lip sync, yeah?

There are also a number of people like me that wait to buy the PS5 and experience it there for the first time. It could end up being as successful as Horizon Zero Dawn.

Around the Network

I was meh about TLoU2, but was very impressed with Ghost. Ghost is my personal GotY, just brilliant battle system and amazing setting. Ghost is slightly longer than it should be, but still really great. I love the wide variety of weapons.  I am glad to see strong sales, well deserved.  I hear it runs great on the ps5, which is a bonus.

And 51 million for the god of war franchise (God of War 2018 close to 20 million copies sold).

I am halfwaythrough the game and stop playing once I learned it is going to be 60 fps on ps5

Nice, Great game.

Well they definitely got my money, and this was my first big game purchase in a year. I purchased and played two hours of the game about a month ago and I never went back to it. I'm sure the gameplay gets better but the early story was so fucking stupid that I had no interest in continuing.

Spoiler!
So the badass villain kills your whole samurai army and kidnaps the protagonist's ... uncle I think? And then, left for dead, you fight your way through certain death and into said villain's fortress half dead, only for his uncle to have become the villain's friend. Then the villain who just got done mercilessly killing your friends decides, "nah man, join me". It reeked of cheesy 80's cartoons plots. Then, this invincible villain makes a stupid villain trope mistake and puts his guard down just enough for the protagonist to injure his face before you are tossed off a bridge.

Yeah... that was enough for me to stop playing.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson