By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Terminator vs Terminator 2

Which is better?

The Terminator 10 21.28%

Terminator 2 37 78.72%

Total:47

Which do you think is the better film, and why?

Around the Network

T2 is the poster child for the "sequels better than the original" topics, so you know my answer.

T2, cause two terminators is better than one!T2 floored me when I saw it in the theater when it came out. Such an amazing experience, transcended the first movie in every possible way. I enjoyed the director's or extended cut as well many years later on blu-ray.

T1 is the better - because of the Tech Noir shootout as well as the police station shootout. T2 is lame - he can't kill the cops, he can only injure them. Lame.

Also, Star Trek 2 is the definitive poster child for "sequels better than the original."

Around the Network

On another thought, which is better: Jaws 1 or Jaws 2. I say Jaws 1. Why? because it's just the better movie, 2 was good, but 1 was better. Quint stole the show. He is certifiable.

Nighthawk117 said:
On another thought, which is better: Jaws 1 or Jaws 2. I say Jaws 1. Why? because it's just the better movie, 2 was good, but 1 was better. Quint stole the show. He is certifiable.

I don't even consider that a contest, Jaws 1 is a masterpiece, Jaws 2 is just mediocre.

curl-6 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

I don't even consider that a contest, Jaws 1 is a masterpiece, Jaws 2 is just mediocre.

Ok, well on that note....To answer your own OP. Which is better - T1 or T2?

Nighthawk117 said:
curl-6 said:

Ok, well on that note....To answer your own OP. Which is better - T1 or T2?

I'm still deciding myself as it's is an incredibly close call in my reckoning, both are amazing.

I love both but if I had to choose my top 5 movies of all time, I'm sure T2 would be there.