By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 surpasses 2 millions copies, Fire Emblem Three Houses 3 millions, and more.

Tagged games:

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Kirby Star Allies is now the second highest selling Kirby game ever, behind only Dreamland on the Gameboy.

This angers me. It's a decent game but there are so many better entries in the series.

Agreed, especially coming off the heels of the two games on 3DS which I would argue are the best in the entire series, especially Planet Robobot. Star Allies is fine but it feels extremely uninspired. At least it's pretty. Hopefully the next game is better.

Around the Network
Zero_Revolution said:
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Kirby Star Allies is now the second highest selling Kirby game ever, behind only Dreamland on the Gameboy.

This angers me. It's a decent game but there are so many better entries in the series.

Agreed, especially coming off the heels of the two games on 3DS which I would argue are the best in the entire series, especially Planet Robobot. Star Allies is fine but it feels extremely uninspired. At least it's pretty. Hopefully the next game is better.

Best in the series is a bit of a stretch, but definitely two of the better games in the series. Especially Robobot which is sadly underappreciated. 

Okay so if they release Xenoblade 20, it will sell 20 million

I wish Intelligent Systems would give Advance Wars some love. Or let Chucklefish come with its best pitch and keep and open mind, and be willing to hand the license off if that pitch/demo looks like a winner.

JWeinCom said:
Zero_Revolution said:
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Best in the series is a bit of a stretch, but definitely two of the better games in the series. Especially Robobot which is sadly underappreciated. 

Anecdotal I know, but I've only ever seen praise for Robobot. Triple Deluxe rarely gets mentioned, which I enjoyed much more for some reason.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Zero_Revolution said:
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Without question, Planet Robobot was the best of the three, but if I were to go with uninspired, I'd go with Triple Deluxe imo. The shortest campaign with level themes that didn't do much to me and that's without mentionning the gimmick of the game being a harder suck and putting on complete unexperimented rails for a time.

Also Pyribitt, the worst boss in all Kirby.

At least, Star Allies aced the post-game content with all the Dream Friends, music and new campaign.

I think the gimmick was fine. Kirby's inhale is central to his character, and it was nice to see that emphasized. It was used in puzzles that were far more creative than the super powers in Return to Dream Land. There were actually things that were mildly challenging and fun to find, as opposed to the main campaign of Star Allies which was simply "combine these powers here". And, since you're not constantly travelling with an entourage of three other people the game at least offers a Kirby game level challenge.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
JWeinCom said:
Zero_Revolution said:
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Anecdotal I know, but I've only ever seen praise for Robobot. Triple Deluxe rarely gets mentioned, which I enjoyed much more for some reason.

Underappreciated in terms of sales at least.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Will these numbers be updated on VGChartz? Or no because of the source?

Had to bump this cuz I have been waiting for updated numbers on the site :P.

1doesnotsimply

Astral Chain -- 1.14mThat's a bummer. Seems to have lost steam. I REALLY liked this game. The art style, the dystopian city vibe, how clean and appropriate the game was in comparison to other punk games and other Platinum games, and the twists in the story. I was hoping it would do 1.5-3 mil lifetime.

Tbf, of course astral chain would stop selling, it doesn't have bayo dressed as a nun killing angels. Deserved tbh.

Dulfite said:
Astral Chain -- 1.14mThat's a bummer. Seems to have lost steam. I REALLY liked this game. The art style, the dystopian city vibe, how clean and appropriate the game was in comparison to other punk games and other Platinum games, and the twists in the story. I was hoping it would do 1.5-3 mil lifetime.

Both Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina got the shaft by bad release dates. AS was close to and DXM was between Zelda and Dragon Quest plus FF7 on Switch and Banjo in Smash. Nonetheless both games did well enpught o make those studios happy. Love em to death.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!