By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Demon's Souls Gameplay

I believe there are some control differences, too, as now you can roll in at least 8 different directions, used to just be 4. I'm guessing there's other little things like that. The "quality of life" improvements.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I believe this was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy for, and it was simply because I loved it so much. I remember having to get one stone that had a 1 in 200 drop rate that took forever to get. Was probably the hardest plat I've ever gotten (thought I usually don't go for the tough ones).

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I remember getting Demon's Souls day one on PS3 back in the days, one of my first Platinum trophies ( it says 29th Jan 2010, damn has it been that long ) I absolutely loved everything about it. And now it will be THE reason for me to jump into next gen day one.

epicurean said:

I believe there are some control differences, too, as now you can roll in at least 8 different directions, used to just be 4. I'm guessing there's other little things like that. The "quality of life" improvements.

Is this confirmed? I didn't watch the video I prefer to keep the experience as fresh as possible when I get my hand on it.
If so, then great news. The rolling mechanic was updated in Dark Souls and it had a big impact on the gameplay. I imagine going back to 4 directions only wouldn't feel great.

I believe this was one of my earliest platinums too. Damn.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Im done with souls games cuz I cant beat them, but man does this look good.

Same here. I can beat them with enough time and wikis poured in but that feels like a waste of my time. No difficulty mode added, no buy. I still have Bloodborne unplayed, From software is banned from my shopping list for now. They create beautiful worlds, but I'm over the repetitive game play and random invasions.

Which leaves me without the number of 'new' next games 'requirement' to buy a next-gen console for. From Software you saved me even more money by not adding difficulty modes. (Maybe there is some next gen launch game, I'm out of the loop, the talk seems to be restricted to BC and who has moah powah)

SvennoJ said:
eva01beserk said:
Im done with souls games cuz I cant beat them, but man does this look good.

Same here. I can beat them with enough time and wikis poured in but that feels like a waste of my time. No difficulty mode added, no buy. I still have Bloodborne unplayed, From software is banned from my shopping list for now. They create beautiful worlds, but I'm over the repetitive game play and random invasions.

Which leaves me without the number of 'new' next games 'requirement' to buy a next-gen console for. From Software you saved me even more money by not adding difficulty modes. (Maybe there is some next gen launch game, I'm out of the loop, the talk seems to be restricted to BC and who has moah powah)

I tried all thouse wikis and actuall videos of step by step boss fights and it did nothing for me. One mistake and 1hko. I played the hell out of bloodborne and sekiro, I dont think im halfway throw either.

My bigest problem with theese games is the grind. I dont mind grinding in RPG's. do a few sidequest, try so side dungeon find some new gear. But after a couple of hours of grinding insoething like final fantasy, its actually a big jump and you might just over level and then the quest/boss might be to easy. In theese games a couple of hours of grinding could jjust mean 3 points up in str and mean absolutly nothing against the boss.Thats crazzy. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

epicurean said:
I believe this was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy for, and it was simply because I loved it so much. I remember having to get one stone that had a 1 in 200 drop rate that took forever to get. Was probably the hardest plat I've ever gotten (thought I usually don't go for the tough ones).

My most prestigious platinums are on Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro. This will be a fine addition to my collection. 

This generation I'm gonna try to buy fewer games but enjoy them more. on the PS4 I have like 100+ games but I think I only ever beat like 25-30 of them. Some I played but never bothered with, others I just never played, and some I bought but never even opened. I don't have the spare cash to do that anymore (Which is also why I'm only getting a PS5 and not an XSX), so I'll be focusing on games I can play through multiple times or have a lot of content. Souls games are both, so I'll always pick up Souls. 

Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart are my two most anticipated games on the console with God of War: Ragnarok close after. Then Horizon and Kena and Spider-Man and...okay, No need to gush. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Looks good but not 499 bucks worth to shed out

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

The best Souls-Game of all time is coming back! Cant wait of this. And it looks really beautiful.Demon Souls for PS5 Launch, Bloodborne is free for PS+ Members then.