By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD RX 6000 GPU's revealed, seem to go head to head with Geforce 30 series at lower prices

It is quite impressive indeed! My only concern is the Lack of Ray Tracing information and obviously, no counterpart to DLSS yet.

Remember to wait for the reviews gents! Just like with Nvidia!

Congrats AMD for the achievement!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think AMD have always been better value for money than Nvidia. Unless you go to a price range where AMD don't have a card, they're a good choice.

Good times ahead for PC gamers!

Captain_Yuri said:

It is quite impressive indeed! My only concern is the Lack of Ray Tracing information and obviously, no counterpart to DLSS yet.

I heard a rumor that these cards do Raytraceing better than the 2080ti does.
Not as fast as the 3080 ect, but more than fast enough (to use it in games).

Also seems AMD has a huge edge in 1440p gameing (abit smaller in 4k).

Its crazy AMD is back at top-end again, its been so long (feels like AMD just let nvidia always be faster, and make bigger die cards).

The thing about no counterpart to DLSS yet, thats been said it'll launch sometime early 2021.

found this: (shows Raytraceing performance at bottom):
*3080 FE is about 22% faster (currently) than the 6800XT in raytraceing here (heavy loads, not representative of games).
However Nvidia has had cards out longer, and time to optimise drivers for this benchmark, over time I suspect that differnce will shrink.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 October 2020

AMD actually have more powerfull GPUs than nvidia now....
Its been forever since they even tried to compete against top of the line nvidia cards.

This ontop of how well the new Ryzen CPUs are doing, AMD is set for a good few years comeing in.

Around the Network

It's about time AMD came out with cards on par with Nvidia. However charts are one thing, ill need to see reviews first.

Nvidia fanboys will always buy green. Had this discussion on overclockers, Intel shills are still buying their chips, the validations change all the time.

Random_Matt said:
Nvidia fanboys will always buy green. Had this discussion on overclockers, Intel shills are still buying their chips, the validations change all the time.

Well, yeah. That's kinda the definition of fanboys. Just like AMD fanboys will always buy red.

But what about those morons who buy AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JRPGfan said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I heard a rumor that these cards do Raytraceing better than the 2080ti does.
Not as fast as the 3080 ect, but more than fast enough (to use it in games).

Also seems AMD has a huge edge in 1440p gameing (abit smaller in 4k).

Its crazy AMD is back at top-end again, its been so long (feels like AMD just let nvidia always be faster, and make bigger die cards).

The thing about no counterpart to DLSS yet, thats been said it'll launch sometime early 2021.

The question is of course, how much better and which card cause the 3080 is 25-40% faster than 2080 Ti when RT is enabled depending on the game.

These are cherry picked benchmarks so I will wait for the actual reviews. The 1440p benchmarks are actually quite closer than I was thinking as there's 4/10 titles where AMD has a huge edge against the 3080.

Yea it is pretty crazy that after what? 3-4 generations of GPUs, we finally have an AMD GPU that can go toe to toe in Raster. There's no way to put it other than amazing.

Then the question is which games will support AMD's version of DLSS. Not to mention, how's the quality of the image?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Random_Matt said:

People forget DLSS 2.0 (that dlss thats actually good) is only used in like 12 games so far.
Nvidia has blinded people, with marking names for new techniques and stuff.

This is like freesync vs G-sync.
Going forwards I suspect just as many games will make use of amds version of DLSS, that isnt card dependent.
If its decent enough, devs may even drop useing dlss in future.