By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - AMD RX 6000 GPU's revealed, seem to go head to head with Geforce 30 series at lower prices

Captain_Yuri said:
JRPGfan said:

I heard a rumor that these cards do Raytraceing better than the 2080ti does.
Not as fast as the 3080 ect, but more than fast enough (to use it in games).

Also seems AMD has a huge edge in 1440p gameing (abit smaller in 4k).

Its crazy AMD is back at top-end again, its been so long (feels like AMD just let nvidia always be faster, and make bigger die cards).

The thing about no counterpart to DLSS yet, thats been said it'll launch sometime early 2021.

The question is of course, how much better and which card cause the 3080 is 25-40% faster than 2080 Ti when RT is enabled depending on the game.

These are cherry picked benchmarks so I will wait for the actual reviews. The 1440p benchmarks are actually quite closer than I was thinking as there's 4/10 titles where AMD has a huge edge against the 3080.

Yea it is pretty crazy that after what? 3-4 generations of GPUs, we finally have an AMD GPU that can go toe to toe in Raster. There's no way to put it other than amazing.

Then the question is which games will support AMD's version of DLSS. Not to mention, how's the quality of the image?

JRPGfan said:
Random_Matt said:
Nvidia fanboys will always buy green. Had this discussion on overclockers, Intel shills are still buying their chips, the validations change all the time.

People forget DLSS 2.0 (that dlss thats actually good) is only used in like 12 games so far.
Nvidia has blinded people, with marking names for new techniques and stuff.

This is like freesync vs G-sync.
Going forwards I suspect just as many games will make use of amds version of DLSS, that isnt card dependent.
If its decent enough, devs may even drop useing dlss in future.

This narrative needs to stop. There is no "AMD version of DLSS" and there won't be in the foreseeable future. DLSS is an entirely new technology that is only possible thanks to AI cores on the card and a machine learning farm to train for games. AMD has neither of those things. But those things are precisely what gives DLSS that huge performance edge. You cannot achieve the same results without these exact components. Anything else will just be some post processing image sharpener that will guess about the image and fill it accordingly. Which will yield worse results with worse performance. Comparing DLSS with Gsync shows a fundamental lack of understanding.

A more apt comparison would be PhysX, though the application range of PhysX is much more niche than DLSS.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Random_Matt said:
Nvidia fanboys will always buy green. Had this discussion on overclockers, Intel shills are still buying their chips, the validations change all the time.

People forget DLSS 2.0 (that dlss thats actually good) is only used in like 12 games so far.
Nvidia has blinded people, with marking names for new techniques and stuff.

This is like freesync vs G-sync.
Going forwards I suspect just as many games will make use of amds version of DLSS, that isnt card dependent.
If its decent enough, devs may even drop useing dlss in future.

DLSS? Nah, rather buy a card which can actually run the desired resolution. It reminds me of some PC gamers shitting on checkboarding or whatever. DLSS comes out, and it is amazing. I'm sure the latter does a better job, but my point still stands on that subject.

It will all boil down to performance per dollar. The only thing that worries me is that most of those benchmarks show "smart access memory", which only works with 5000 Ryzen CPU, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how does it look when coupled with AMD older, or Intel CPUs. On the other hand. if you already planned a CPU upgrade, this duo could turn out to be very beneficial. I'd also like to see the budget option as none of those cards are "budget" ... to me at least.

BTW: for more details you can check AMD's benchmarks here: https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/graphics-gaming-benchmarks

All benchmarks done on Ryzen 9 5900X

Interestingly, you can check FPS per dollar (spoiler alert, in this category RX 6800 XT, followed by RX 6800, is at the top in every game, apart from The Division 2)

Here's few examples:

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 31 October 2020

Kristof81 said:

It will all boil down to performance per dollar. The only thing that worries me is that most of those benchmarks show "smart access memory", which only works with 5000 Ryzen CPU, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how does it look when coupled with AMD older, or Intel CPUs. On the other hand. if you already planned a CPU upgrade, this duo could turn out to be very beneficial. I'd also like to see the budget option as none of those cards are "budget" ... to me at least.

BTW: for more details you can check AMD's benchmarks here: https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/graphics-gaming-benchmarks

Interestingly, you can check FPS per dollar (spoiler alert, in this category RX 6800 XT, followed by RX 6800, is at the top in every game, apart from The Division 2)

Here's few examples:

No 3070?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

vivster said:
Random_Matt said:

Well, yeah. That's kinda the definition of fanboys. Just like AMD fanboys will always buy red.

But what about those morons who buy AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs?

Hey! 

I literally have 0 alliegance with PC hardware, always get the best you can afford/makes sense. 

I didn't have much money and back in the day had an all Red PC with a 7870 and fx 6300. Then I got a nice lil gaming laptop a few years back that was intel and nvidia. And now I'm running an AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. Although the way things are going my next build could very well possibly be all red, or maybe blue and red if intel come back etc. This is a really exciting time.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Kristof81 said:

Here's few examples:

No 3070?

These were made before the RTX 3070 reviews were released, but since the GPU is literally = RTX 2080 Ti, just swap the two in your mind.

ArchangelMadzz said:
vivster said:

Well, yeah. That's kinda the definition of fanboys. Just like AMD fanboys will always buy red.

But what about those morons who buy AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs?

Hey! 

I literally have 0 alliegance with PC hardware, always get the best you can afford/makes sense. 

I didn't have much money and back in the day had an all Red PC with a 7870 and fx 6300. Then I got a nice lil gaming laptop a few years back that was intel and nvidia. And now I'm running an AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU. Although the way things are going my next build could very well possibly be all red, or maybe blue and red if intel come back etc. This is a really exciting time.

Incidentally my next build is gonna be a 5900X and a 3080.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.