By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD Black Ops Cold War Zombies Onslaught mode exclusive to Playstation for 1 year

Wasn't gonna get it to begin with but now even less reason

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

That is plenty of time, lucky me I don't care about CoD anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Expected, and behavior like this will continue for years to come. The ball started rolling and nothing is stopping it.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

For things like this is that I want MS to get more aggressive and stop pretending to be the good guys.

No different to what Microsoft did with getting Bethesda. Elder Scrolls was never a Microsoft exclusive and many PlayStation users loved playing Oblivion and Skyrim. Microsoft used below the belt techniques and now they get the same back. One more compared to all the PlayStation 4 and 5 users who will never get to play elder scrolls or fallout again because of Microsoft’s greed.

Around the Network

Good for Sony.

If Sony wasn't going to do it MS would've. What...you thought that MS was going to play fair? You're all in denial to think that this wasn't going to happen one way or another.

Captain_Yuri said:
Wasn't gonna get it to begin with but now even less reason

Same.

Between the already stupidly high price & filesize per game on Bnet, this just decidedly puts me off wanting to ever bother with CoD again. I was only into Blops 3, only because of the zombie mode, now this game is locking it off for an entire yr on one console only. Fuck Activision and Sony for pulling this kind of tripe. 

Yeah I know some peeps here are very highly likely to bring up the past when MS did crap like this, but that's in the past, only we're currently living in the present, and Sony has been doing it ALL throughout this gen non stop, and it's not only been affecting other consoles, but PC as well. At least when MS made some of those stupid deals, PC got a slight hand in some of them, so that's two platforms instead of one console only. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I wonder if Bobby is going to get a 50m bonus this FY

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

shikamaru317 said:
Rgj89 said:
No different to what Microsoft did with getting Bethesda. Elder Scrolls was never a Microsoft exclusive and many PlayStation users loved playing Oblivion and Skyrim. Microsoft used below the belt techniques and now they get the same back. One more compared to all the PlayStation 4 and 5 users who will never get to play elder scrolls or fallout again because of Microsoft’s greed.

That is factually incorrect. Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind was a lifetime original Xbox console exclusive, and Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion was a 1 year timed Xbox 360 exclusive. 2 other Zenimax studios, id Software and Arkane, have previously released Xbox console exclusives as well, Doom 3 and Arx Fatalis respectively. 

Besides, MS buying whole studios is simply not equivalent to Sony paying a publisher, Activision, to lock content off of PC and Xbox for 1 year, when those Xbox and PC gamers are paying the same $60-70 price tag for CoD as the Playstation owners are. 

To me buying a whole studio is much worse since those studios were doing just fine without being exclusive to a certain console and it screams that Microsoft has no trust in their own self made studios quality.  Would you say it’d be fair if Sony went out and bought rockstar so that only PlayStation users could play gta 6 and red dead 3 I don’t think that would be fair myself.  Most people are gonna be playing multiplayer and regular zombie modes anyways so to me it’s not in any way worse or similar. 

Rgj89 said:

Entirely different.

If you buy a developer, or a publisher, you are putting up serious equity. You are now responsible for whatever success or failures come out moving forward. You're footing the bill for all projects, from the ground up, you're paying every employee, etc. MS now has an obligation to make sure there's a long term vision for a thriving environment at Bethesda. That is not even remotely the same, as coming in at the 11th hour to make a deal with someone merely to lock off certain content for yourself. Sony is putting up - relative - pennies, simply to latch onto something, the success of which is, has, and will be entirely independent of Sony's influence.