By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD Black Ops Cold War Zombies Onslaught mode exclusive to Playstation for 1 year

Well, that's more than a little fucked ...

And false equivalency to developer purchasers in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I'll just say that I'm not a fan of Sony's practices when it comes to things like paying for exclusivity on DLC (Spider-Man in Avengers) or locking content that should be in the base game off of other platforms (CoD), it's dirty pool to say the least. If you want to compete with MS then acquire more developers like MS is doing or moneyhat exclusivity on full games, stop paying 3rd party publishers/developers to lock content off of other platforms, people on those platforms are paying the same price as people on Playstation and deserve access to the same content for that price.

Unfortunately, it seems that the console maker leading a gen will get these deals. Publishers are more hesitant to offer such deals to the maker with smaller market share. For instance, Microsoft bought full exclusivity (not just timed) for FIFA FUT Legends which pissed off many European consumers. Then after 4 years, Legends came to PS4 with FIFA 18. Sony now had the marketing rights and luckily a similar deal to keep content off XB1 wasn't made.

But yeah, it really should stop.

Considering we get a new CoD each year, and the previous one gets pretty much abandoned after the new one's release, this means it will become available to all only after noone cares at all. Might as well be fully exclusive. Shame on Sony for doing this and on Activision for allowing it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

My last CoD was MW2 but that still sucks. Don't take content away from other people.

And no, buying a dev to make it a part of your own damn company is not the same or even worse. Just in case we will get to hear that again^^

Isn't this what MicroSoft first pioneered during the 360 era?

Around the Network
Zombie9ers said:

Maybe but do you live in the past or the present?

Zombie9ers said:

It's bad anyway, no matter who does it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

BAD MICROSOFT BAD.... oh wait wrong side of the tape

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

That is really shitty of Sony and Activision actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

CoD2k19 had a similar mode locked away for a year. Couldn’t care less, I always wait on a big sale to buy CoD anyway. Seems like a big waste of money. Warzone micro transactions and cosmetics would be a bigger draw.