By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox For The WHITE SUPREMACIST! PS5 Preorders CANCELLED!

PS5 Preorders CANCELLED & You'll NEVER Guess Why

So if you've missed out on pre-ordering a PS5, the time is NOW! It's all about WHITEY!

:::sarcasm:::

Around the Network

This is something that is getting everytime more ridiculous.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I don’t want to be that guy, but I read the twitter comments on the Sony Twitter post. There is genuine confusion. Yes, I’m sure some are bigots and hey, that means more consoles for those who couldn’t get a preorder. The issue is that people don’t know whether Sony is referring to BLM as an expression or BLM as an organization.

The expression should be 100% endorsed by normal, rational and tolerant people. No reason to dismiss this. The BLM organization however has Marxist roots which seeks to dismantle capitalism, all but abolish Police, and has ties to the many “race riots” across many cities following deaths of African Americans. Now these points are far from universally accepted, and therefore the confusion is that Sony supports the organization, rather then merely supporting the expression  of BLM. Seriously I think society needs to differentiate the two going forward. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 22 October 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The organization's primary purpose is to make sure that the reality reflects the expression and that's what they work for in the organization. The organization itself is not concerned with the political views of their leaders as it's about making sure that Black Lives Matter

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I always find it funny when people actually get so riled up about BLM. It's the same people who get butt hurt about kneeling during the anthem or whatever. I just roll my eyes and move on.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
The organization's primary purpose is to make sure that the reality reflects the expression and that's what they work for in the organization. The organization itself is not concerned with the political views of their leaders as it's about making sure that Black Lives Matter

That’s nice on paper. But it’s more the “how” they make sure that is more then controversial. Hence my initial points. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Almost everyone agrees with the sentiment. It is the political organization that I am not too fond of.

1doesnotsimply

Seeing as how this has quickly, and not surprisingly, become a BLM political issue, I'm not so sure this topic belongs in "Gaming Discussion."

sales2099 said:

I don’t want to be that guy, but I read the twitter comments on the Sony Twitter post. There is genuine confusion. Yes, I’m sure some are bigots and hey, that means more consoles for those who couldn’t get a preorder. The issue is that people don’t know whether Sony is referring to BLM as an expression or BLM as an organization.

The expression should be 100% endorsed by normal, rational and tolerant people. No reason to dismiss this. The BLM organization however has Marxist roots which seeks to dismantle capitalism, all but abolish Police, and has ties to the many “race riots” across many cities following deaths of African Americans. Now these points are far from universally accepted, and therefore the confusion is that Sony supports the organization, rather then merely supporting the expression  of BLM. Seriously I think society needs to differentiate the two going forward. 

Pretty much this. The fact that full-grown adults seem to be influenced merely by a name baffles me and is actually a bit concerning. Names are just names.. What matters to me is ACTIONS. I can call myself Saint McWorld Peace but am I actually carrying out the actions my name implies and living by the mantra?

The phrase "black lives matter" is of course 100% correct and commendable. Everyone should support and agree with said statement. I think that goes without saying..

But the GROUP KNOWN as BLM? Well that may be up for debate as to whether it's really doing good or doing what it claims to be doing. I'm not implying they aren't for sure but at the end of the day they ARE a political organization. And one that, from where I sit, seems debatable at best as to whether they're actually making strides in helping the black community - or if they're rather exploiting it.

It's the same way the group known as "Anti-fa" isn't actually anti-fascist, and ironically seems to be the antithesis of it in many ways with their strong-arming, bullying tactics and Authoritarian mob-style rule..

Edit: And for the record I certainly do see injustices when it comes to police brutality and African Americans (men especially). And that even ONE unnecessary death is one too many. Not to mention the war on drugs sham which disproportionately seems to target and effect these communities. But is the political movement/organization BLM the answer? To me that remains to be seen.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 22 October 2020

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

All lives matter. Maybe one day that won't be so controversial to say. And this guy is no better than those that stereotyped him if he imagines anyone who disagrees with the BLM organization as inbred hicks.