By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchise Titles That Don't Make Any Sense

Tagged games:

Half of modern Square Enix titles make no sense, even more so if they are a spinoff or a lesser important title. Just Kingdom Hearts games alone make up for most of that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

The modern Tomb Raider makes no sense, they have hardly any tombs in them.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Someone is unfamiliar with more recent Zelda games.

Uncharted...Drake always seems to have a map.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dragon Quest. Dragons have very little to do with it (at least in the ones I've played).

Also Street Fighter, when these are supposed to be organized tournaments, not street fights (there are even rules and rounds!).  Also, the fighters themselves are highly trained, professional fighters, not hoodlums or street punks.  Never understood "Street Fighter" lol.

Last edited by Paperboy_J - on 21 October 2020

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Not only is this game radically different from Super Mario World 1, but in the storyline it's a prequel and the name implies it's a sequel.  There is nothing about this title that makes sense.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - This doesn't make sense, because it's called "Advance Wars", but it's on the DS.  The first game in the series was called Famicom Wars, because it was on the Famicom.  The first Advance Wars was on the Gameboy Advance.  But this series on the DS should have been called "DS Wars".  Advance Wars: Dual Strike is slightly better though.  It's also on the DS, but the initials for Dual Strike are DS, so it is subtly appropriate.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

Like, wtf.

GoOnKid said:

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

Like, wtf.

I think we have a winner :D

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I agree with Bravely Default, makes no sense at all.
Most Kingdom Hearts spin-off titles (Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, Dream Drop Distance, HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue)
.hack//G.U. vol. 1//Rebirth - I mean what IS that?
There's also a lot of fun ones that pop in in the Famitsu charts. I can't remember any of them now but they sound like "Super Champion Baseball Hugely Winner Pro"

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 21 October 2020

Signature goes here!

Leynos said:
Bravely Default. WTF even?

It's not a great name, but it involves the game's core battle mechanics, brave and defaulting. How does it not make sense?

I am fine with Bravely Default.  However, Bravely Default 2 makes no sense.  It's the third game in the series.