By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I explain why the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo consoles in general will always exceed the sales of PlayStation in general

Quite simply, because Nintendo is very strong in all markets (USA, JP, EU), Sony only owns Europe and the USA (which are also dominated by Nintendo).
If Nintendo continues to do very good marketing like they did with the Wii / DS / Gameboy, then Nintendo consoles will always be above PlayStation in terms of sales.
That's why I think the Nintendo Switch will surpass sales of end-of-life PS4 and PS5, quite simply because it has a big lead over the PS4 in the US, Japan and Oceania.

Around the Network

Um no? PS1 102 million. More than Wii. PS2 best selling gaming system ever made. Even more than DS. Sony supports their consoles in the final year with big exclusives where Nintendo mostly abandons them in the final year. Sony is the only one who has sold 3 home consoles to make it over 100 million. The switch will likely finish in the 110 million range and PS4 probably has another 10-15 left in it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It doesnt always exceed playstation though

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nintendo Switch has a 6 million lead over PS4, I wanted to talk about portable consoles for Nintendo only, Sony is unbeatable in the home console market.
I was making a comparison between Nintendo portable consoles and Sony home consoles

Around the Network

"In general will always in general"

Sorry, my bad

If Nintendo never releases a Switch 2 this will certainly be true.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo can't be beaten. Except when it's beaten. Then it's beaten. But not if it's not beaten.

Uh oh...