By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Yakuza Like a Dragon Series X Digital Foundry anlaysis

So basically the games runs at a not so stable 60fps@1440p, with 3 modes:

- High quality mode: 4K@30fps

- Normal: 1440p@60fps (with dips)

- High Framerate: 1080p@60fps (stable)

EDIT: On Series S, the high framerate mode is 900p@60fps

I find it very lackluster, I didn't expect a last gen enhanced port to struggle to reach a solid 60fps on sub-4k on Series X.

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 13 October 2020

Around the Network

As suspected the only time you will get both 4k60 and good visuals with the odd exclusive. The game looks amazing, though. Can't wait to play it at 4k120 on PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Am I allowed to say I'm disappointed? I don't know if I expected too much, but yeah, I doesn't sound super amazing. I was not expecting to have to deal with "performance modes" and whatnot in the next gen.

I'm still going to buy the Series X, but I'm less impressed with the new consoles after this and Dirt 5. You promised me 120 fps, Microsoft.

Lackluster is right. Especially with all the touting on power and it’s 4k/30 or 1440/60 with no ray tracing on a last gen game, not good at all. And the Series S is definitely a problem, 900p for a “next gen” console. No wonder developers have spoken out against it in the last few months.

Didn't watch the video but does it have Ray Tracing?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I guess we gonna have to get used to of having multiple modes. Quality or performance mode.

Captain_Yuri said:

At 5:25 of the vid he confirms no ray tracing. 

Poor performance obviously down to lack optimisation either on an engine or effort level, but I'm glad to be proven right. People can stop talking as if next gen means 4k60fps by default, and also realise that the S will eventually be hitting 720p in some titles.

Blood_Tears said:
Captain_Yuri said:

At 5:25 of the vid he confirms no ray tracing. 

Thanks!

That is pretty lame then.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yakuza 7 doesn't look like a very heavy game (neither did their predecessors) so I'll rule that to poor optimization.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."