By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 start-up sound revealed

Leynos said:
Hynad said:

I don’t see how you equate thinking your example is too long for the PS5 to me having never played on a PS1.

That’s stupid as fuck, a self-absorbed perspective, and is made even sillier considering that the PS1 is the first console I bought with my own money back in 1996.

relax. it was in jest

If that’s so, my apologies. Been crankier than even my usual lately, thanks in large part to the way the pandemic is handled here in my province and all the social and personal collateral damage that comes with it, let alone the constant moronicity that permeates most social media...

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Hynad said:

How surprising that you don’t find the XBox boot screen boring in contrast to the PS5’s.

Ok?

Assess your bias and check your privilege Xbot.

ironmanDX said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ok?

The XBox Series boot up sequence is the same old logo they’ve been using forever, yet for some reason it is “so much better” than the PS5’s boot up? How is it any less generic than any other generic logo boot up sequences, including the PS5’s?

Hynad said:
ironmanDX said:

The XBox Series startup is the same old logo they’ve been using forever, yet for some reason it is “so much better” than the PS5’s boot up? How much more generic than using the same logo again can it get compared to any other generic logo boot up sequences?

The PS5 boot ends with the logo to "push a button" on the controller with the same symbol they've been using since the 90's. Not to mention the font is the same they've been using since ps2.

So generic boot with spiderman text and symbol forever+1, no u, Uno reverse card?

It's a boot screen... Relax.

ironmanDX said:
Hynad said:

The XBox Series startup is the same old logo they’ve been using forever, yet for some reason it is “so much better” than the PS5’s boot up? How much more generic than using the same logo again can it get compared to any other generic logo boot up sequences?

The PS5 boot ends with the logo to "push a button" on the controller with the same symbol they've been using since the 90's. Not to mention the font is the same they've been using since ps2.

So generic boot with spiderman text and symbol forever+1, no u, Uno reverse card?

You will notice I didn’t say one was better than the other. So right back at you.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Hynad said:

The XBox Series boot up sequence is the same old logo they’ve been using forever, yet for some reason it is “so much better” than the PS5’s boot up? How is it any less generic than any other generic logo boot up sequences, including the PS5’s?

It's the same logo true, but then so is Sony's. Microsoft changed from the green background white text of the Xbox One boot screen to a black background with white text, so that is new. And I think the animation of the logo appearing is cool, coupled with the cool start-up sound effect. The PS5 startup just feels very plain to me, it's very similar to the PS4 one, right down to the oddly misplaced "See important health and safety warnings in the settings menu" warning. I just feel like Sony played it a bit too safe and boring with their start-up animation on PS5. 

Not like which start-up is better amounts to much in the end, that's not a factor in anybody's purchase decision. 

I think both are generic and playing it safe. While you find things that are different on one side, you don’t see or don’t consider what’s different on the other side.

Call me intrigued.

ironmanDX said:
Hynad said:

To be fair. PS logo is a brand logo where the current Xbox logo was created for a specific console. 360. Why it was a sphere. Xbox kept it because they felt like it even tho it no longer makes sense for them to use it. Xbox also struggles with branding. 360 logo and Xbox One X/Series X/One S/Series S/Xbox One. Windows 9 is called Windows 10. MS is sloppy with branding.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Wow. I can't believe it, the difference is so stark... I'm cancelling pre-order and switching to the other side.

series x sounds more like a playstation than ps5 does.