By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 start-up sound revealed

Leynos said:

Should be this

PS1, the Japanese Saturn, and Dreamcast had the best boot ups ever.

SEGA CD is up there as is OG Xbox.

While the coloured logo is definitely a plus, as a whole, it makes the startup too long, and the sound is much better in the official one.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:
Who even turns off their console. My switch just goes to sleep. I rarely turn it off

The electric company must love you!

The advantages of switch. Barely any electricity, especially when in sleep.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Xbox wins as usual.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

shikamaru317 said:
Leynos said:

Should be this

That's definitely better than the official PS5 one, which is kind of boring.

I definitely prefer both the Xbox Series start-up sound and animation, something about the Xbox start-up sound gives me THX vibes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hByt1KkiwgM

Hynad said:
Leynos said:

Should be this

While the coloured logo is definitely a plus, as a whole, it makes the startup too long, and the sound is much better in the official one.

Spotted the person who never played a PS1. Not only is this taking from the original PS1 boot, but it's also half as long.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Hynad said:

Spotted the person who never played a PS1. Not only is this taking from the original PS1 boot, but it's also half as long.

I don’t see how you equate thinking your example is too long for the PS5 to me having never played on a PS1.

That’s stupid as fuck, a self-absorbed perspective, and is made even sillier considering that the PS1 is the first console I bought with my own money back in 1996.

Last edited by Hynad - on 13 October 2020

Gotta go with XBox.

Eh, I don't really care for the sound. It sounds so basic, like a default notification sound for a cell phone or something.

Hynad said:
Leynos said:

I don’t see how you equate thinking your example is too long for the PS5 to me having never played on a PS1.

That’s stupid as fuck, a self-absorbed perspective, and is made even sillier considering that the PS1 is the first console I bought with my own money back in 1996.

relax. it was in jest

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 October 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

The advantages of switch. Barely any electricity, especially when in sleep.

Not really an advantage.

Barely any > none.

Umm...... It's less than a light bulb to though. That is an advantage considering no electronics take in no electricity and other gaming consoles take in much more energy

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also