By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official VGChartz Smash Ultimate Tournament Round 1!

Tagged games:

Supermario28 said:
JWeinCom said:

@GoOnKid 

Generally anytime after 4 EST is good for me. 

@mZuzek @Supermario28 @Ultrashroomz @SanAndreasX 

Figure out what time works for you guys.

Thanks for the organization @JWeinCom !

@SanAndreasX I live in Switzerland which in the GMT+2 Time Zone. It's now almost 10 a.m. here.

Generally available after 7pm in my Time zone, don't know what time that would be for you

I’m in the US, in Arizona, which is currently GMT-7 (we don’t do Daylight Savings Time here, so it becomes GMT-6 after November.) I’m working nights this week, which is 1700-0800, but I work on call, so when I’m not on a house call I am at home. 

Around the Network

Just as a general note, we have some people playing from very far away, so everyone should probably adjust their expectations and not take things too seriously. Also, if you can, wired connections are highly recommended.

SanAndreasX said:
Supermario28 said:

@SanAndreasX I live in Switzerland which in the GMT+2 Time Zone. It's now almost 10 a.m. here.

Generally available after 7pm in my Time zone, don't know what time that would be for you

I’m in the US, in Arizona, which is currently GMT-7 (we don’t do Daylight Savings Time here, so it becomes GMT-6 after November.) I’m working nights this week, which is 1700-0800, but I work on call, so when I’m not on a house call I am at home. 

So if my math is right when it's between 7pm and 11pm in Switzerland it's between 11am and 3pm in Arizona? Would that work for you?

Today i'm working from home so i can take a 30 minutes break for the game if necessary but i'd rather play during the evening if it's ok with your schedule.

EDIT: According to Google the time difference between us is 9 hours so 7pm-11pm here makes it 10am-2pm in Arizona. 

Sorry, can you play now?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

mZuzek said:

So, uhh, we kinda broke the rules here, and communicated elsewhere. I talk to Ultra somewhat regularly, so it was easier for us to get it done like that, but I'll do it right from here on.

mZuzek 2-0 Ultrashroomz

Didn't follow the rules. Both disqualified. 

J/k obviously. Having communication in topic was mainly in case there were any disputes, particularly if a match couldn't get done and both players blamed the other person. 

Around the Network

Ahhh had I known I might have joined to populate that loser bracket! It's been a while since I've played Smash but it's always fun to play with not so random people.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Ahhh had I known I might have joined to populate that loser bracket! It's been a while since I've played Smash but it's always fun to play with not so random people.

If RobX is ok with it, and you guys can find a time to play before the end of the day tomorrow, then I'd be fine with you entering. But, if there's no time that can be worked out, then it's only fair to let him move on.

Alternatively, you can enter directly into losers because otherwise someone in losers will get a bye in that round anyway. You'd be at a disadvantage, but it's not like there's an entrance fee.

Yeah I can play with @TruckOSaurus today if we can make it. What time is good for you?

RobDX said:
Yeah I can play with @TruckOSaurus today if we can make it. What time is good for you?

I can be online at about 8PM Eastern (maybe a bit earlier), would that be okay with you?

Edit: My code is SW-1907-3601-8601

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 14 October 2020

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
RobDX said:

I can be online at about 8PM Eastern (maybe a bit earlier), would that be okay with you?

Edit: My code is SW-1907-3601-8601

10PM  eastern would be perfect for me but I can be online earlier 

I think I already added you from the league that was made here