By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2020 thread: Switch 670K, PS4 160K, XBO 91K

Here's HW!

NSW 666,400

PS4 158,300

XBO 91,500

NSW misses all time record vs. Wii 08 by 21K.  Second highest Sep of all time (even ahead of NDS) and only the second time we've crossed 600K in September.

EDIT: Welfare on Era says:

Last edited by mk7sx - on 16 October 2020

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

Here's HW!

NSW 666,400

PS4 158,300

XBO 91,500

NSW misses all time record vs. Wii 08 by 21K.  Second highest Sep of all time (even ahead of NDS) and only the second time we've crossed 600K in September.

EDIT: Welfare on Era says:

Let's see, what did I predict:

NSW] 766K
[PS4] 153K
[XBO] 72K

Damn, I should really have gone with my first choice of 666K for the Switch instead of adding another 100K on top of that!

And with that number, no wonder the Switch is beasting!

Not far off with the PS4, but underestimated the XBO - but looks like I'm one of the closer ones here in that regard.

Crash not even in the top 10, yikes. Hopefully it'll have legs

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Crash not even in the top 10, yikes. Hopefully it'll have legs

I fear that Crash has, well, crashed

I'm surprised Crash did as poor as it did. The Crash Trilogy did amazing becoming a 10M+ seller and those were remakes of old games. I thought a new game would do even better but I guess not.

Around the Network

Here is the U.S September 2020 YoY change for all three consoles:

Switch up 55% YoY From September 2019

PS4 Down 20% YoY From September 2019

Xbox One Down 35% YoY From September 2019

mk7sx said:

Got quick software leak (physical only for all three titles).

Avengers 450K
Mario All Stars 1,165K
ACNH 180K

So Avengers digital must be >715K.

Mario with 50% digital split would be >2.3M, which is bonkers, should be outperforming Mario Odyssey outside of Japan.  ACNH has been at 60% digital outside of Japan, so sounds like a 450-500K month.

Mario 3D All Stars selling 1Million in less than 2 weeks in Physical U.S sales is amazing, likely half the sales are digital so we could assume it sold around 2 Million in the U.S in September alone. I would say it probably sold around 5 Million Globally in September, seems like it might hit 10 Million Before March 2021.

So is Switch overtracked here or undertracked ? Seems pretty close anyway so good job.

javi741 said:
I'm surprised Crash did as poor as it did. The Crash Trilogy did amazing becoming a 10M+ seller and those were remakes of old games. I thought a new game would do even better but I guess not.

The trilogy most likely sold 10M+ because they were remakes of the old great games.

I think many doubted that Activision could make a great Crash game from scratch (myself included). Though, it actually does look like a fun game and I'll probably pick it up on PS5.

Welfare numbers are the correct ones