By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Feeling Nostalgic Tonight

Which game would you prefer playing?

Mario Kart 8 7 53.85%

Splatoon 1 6 46.15%

SSB4 0 0%

Total:13

Hello VgChartz! I've been thinking a lot about this website lately. I was on here since 8th grade (currently a sophomore in undergrad).

So I've decided to revisit my main console at the time: my Wii U.

Who wants to dust off the Baby Switch? Let me know :D

Around the Network

Yeah, I was just playing some Shining games on Saturn and then PsyVariar 2 & Giga Wing 2 on Dreamcast today. The nostalgia felt like a warm blanket.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I've never played a Saturn game but I respect the hell out of any system that has Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on it!

Been on a bit of a nostalgia trip myself recently, brought my original Xbox out of storage and took some of my old favs like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Conker, and Star Wars Battlefront for a spin.

I don't have a whole lot of nostalgia for the Wii U personally; I was already an adult when it came out and not enough time has passed for its games to feel like old days yet. It's also not an era I remember particularly fondly due to the brutal droughts.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 October 2020

You're going to win that bet in your signature for sure by the way. They honestly might be in the 50 millions by 2022!

Around the Network
thepurplewalrus said:

You're going to win that bet in your signature for sure by the way. They honestly might be in the 50 millions by 2022!

That's what I figured, I only ever take bets if I think I have a very high chance of winning, which is why I've won 7/8 bets so far on VGChartz haha.
I wouldn't be shocked if PS5 alone does 56 million by the end of 2023.

That's a smart way to bet. I tend to only bet on stuff I'm personally in control of and where I think I have a slight edge; I think I enjoy the challenge of it.

I'd play some MK8, didn't buy the Deluxe version and haven't played it in some time.

Either way, this weekend I might even dust off Pikmin 3 too.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 10 October 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I still play on the Wii U from time to time. Had finished Star Fox Zero for the 73th time lately and I bouth Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge an Kirby's Rainbow Road a couple of months ago since I didn't own them so far. Also I am considering to buy some DS and N64 games on the Wii U eshop like Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Metroid Prime Hunters and Sin & Punishment since they only cost ten bucks there.

My Wii U will stay hooked up until the Polymega releases. And yeah it's way too recent of a system for me personally to be nostalgic. I started gaming in the 8-bit era. I didn't hate Wii U when it was relevant but since getting a Switch I am finding that system hard to go back to. The menus are just so damn slow and clunky to use. The switch is the first Nintendo console since Gamecube that didn't feel like a chore just to use the menus.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!