By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post Your Mind 2.0 and Welcome to our humble abode

Verter said:
curl-6 said:

I'm really struggling at the moment to keep my head above the sea of anxiety; a combination of my OCD being really bad due to the pandemic, fear that my cancer will come back, and a strange mystery illness last week has my adrenaline levels at a constant high, and not in a good way. Going back to work this week has also added a lot of stress to the mix.

I've made an appointment to see my psych but the soonest I could get was mid March, so I'm just trying to keep myself distracted and hold it together for the next 6 weeks.

I apologise in advance if this stress manifests in any annoying rants or grumpiness on here, I'll do my best to try not to.

When you've been moving forward for years, the tools to be able to do the same for six weeks are already there, even if the road ahead is uphill. Just take a deep breath when you need it (both metaphorically and literally).

Thanks, you're absolutely right, since I have done it before, regaining lost progress should come a lot faster and easier the second time around. I reckon things will really start to get better if my one-year cancer scans come back all clear in April, and once I get my covid shot, that will remove two big causes of my current stress. Seeing my Psych next month will hopefully help as well. Just gotta hang in there for a little longer.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Thanks, you're absolutely right, since I have done it before, regaining lost progress should come a lot faster and easier the second time around. I reckon things will really start to get better if my one-year cancer scans come back all clear in April, and once I get my covid shot, that will remove two big causes of my current stress. Seeing my Psych next month will hopefully help as well. Just gotta hang in there for a little longer.

I hope everything goes well. Removing two causes of stress will indeed help, and in the meantime there's gaming there to help disconnect a little.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Verter said:
curl-6 said:

I hope everything goes well. Removing two causes of stress will indeed help, and in the meantime there's gaming there to help disconnect a little.

Cheers. And yeah gaming is such a valuable coping strategy for me, it helps so much to be able to just disconnect from the real world and all it's stress for a bit and immerse myself in a fantastical virtual world where there's no cancer, no pandemic, no work stress, etc.

Is gaming a great source of stress relief for you guys too?

curl-6 said:

Cheers. And yeah gaming is such a valuable coping strategy for me, it helps so much to be able to just disconnect from the real world and all it's stress for a bit and immerse myself in a fantastical virtual world where there's no cancer, no pandemic, no work stress, etc.

Is gaming a great source of stress relief for you guys too?

It isn't in my case, or at least it's not a reason for me to play games, but that's a good question, even potential new thread material (like what gaming means for people or something).

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Man, hardly any hot topics mention the PS5 or Xbox Series. Where is the excitement?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Man, hardly any hot topics mention the PS5 or Xbox Series. Where is the excitement?

I feel like one the reasons for the lack of excitement is the lack of games.

There's basically nothing to play on PS5/Xbox Series except last gen games with a bit of extra polish. Once the actual next gen games start to arrive I think the excitement will pick up. For now, it's definitely the most boring new generation transition ever.

d21lewis said:

I felt like it was the same for PS4 and XB1 until Infamous Second Son and Titanfall got released. The problem this time is that both companies believe in cross gen games, and people say exclusives don't matter eh.

Going through a bit of a rough patch; my base anxiety level has been badly elevated for the last few weeks and I've noticed I'm not getting as much joy from the things I love as I usually do which is a warning sign of depression.

I was able to see my psychologist who has increased the dose of one of my medications; we'll see if that helps.

In the mean time, I apologise in advance if I seem irrational or touchy these days. I'm trying my best.

Testing out this new web browser for this site. So far, so good.

And I hope you're doing okay, @curl-6.

d21lewis said:

Testing out this new web browser for this site. So far, so good.

And I hope you're doing okay, @curl-6.

Thanks man. :)
I'm doing okay today; had a good morning as I found a very friendly and cute dog wandering the streets during my morning walk and the adventure of getting it back to its owner was time well spent. It's been years since my dog died so I missed the joy that can come from bonding with one. Also, it could be that the increased meds are starting to kick in haha. Or both. How are you doing?