By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post Your Mind 2.0 and Welcome to our humble abode

They will never find her body...
I'm a pirate that hates piracy...
This homemade deer jerky is pretty good...
Weed nowadays is nothing like the weed I used to buy.. everything looks swag and dry. You call that haze?? That ain't haze.. I've had that one hitter quitter.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Oh trust me, I know the feeling - the radio silence I got from applying to so many jobs was unbearable, even moreso from the ones that did reply but afterwards stopped talking.

The worst moment for me was back in 2014 when I applied to a IT job in a medical facility , got done with two interviews and the hiring manager said he will send a offer letter to my email to see if I decide to go with them since they liked my interview.

Never got the offer letter and when I called and emailed him, no response. I even had my career services rep from college call their office and still got no word.

I started working in a non-IT job cause I needed a job afterwards somewhere else but what pissed me off the most was another hiring manager from that same company called me about 6 months later and asked if I was still interested. I asked him why are they asking me this six months later after I was offered a job and he said he found my resume in the trash (apparently they fired the previous hiring manager) - that was soul crushing lol, but at least I saw it as motivation to try again in the future once I graduated.

Anyways, I hope you well and hope you find a job you are looking for.

Thank you! If not exactly what I'm looking for, at least something that isn't way too far.

Reading your anecdote, I wonder if companies really want to hire people or just laugh at them.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

I love doves and pigeons. I like hearing them say prrrru prrru

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Verter said:

I suck at job interviews...

Same. Especially when I have to switch to Japanese.

Well, it's 2021 here; in spite of all it's challenges 2020 was ultimately a year of overcoming the odds and emerging victorious for me, and I achieved my resolution for the year of kicking out cancer. For this year, I just wanna get my vaccination so I can return to a normal life and begin the long process of repairing the damage the last 18 months have done to my progress against OCD.

If I learned anything from recent times though it's that I'm capable of taking on just about anything life throws at me; I just need to remember to believe in myself and exercise the experience I've gained from all the challenges I've already overcome.

Happy New Year VGChartz, and thanks for being such a place of comfort and fun and support for me, you folks are awesome.

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Same. Especially when I have to switch to Japanese.

Doing a job interview in a non-native language must be the soulslike of job interviews.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

I'm really struggling at the moment to keep my head above the sea of anxiety; a combination of my OCD being really bad due to the pandemic, fear that my cancer will come back, and a strange mystery illness last week has my adrenaline levels at a constant high, and not in a good way. Going back to work this week has also added a lot of stress to the mix.

I've made an appointment to see my psych but the soonest I could get was mid March, so I'm just trying to keep myself distracted and hold it together for the next 6 weeks.

I apologise in advance if this stress manifests in any annoying rants or grumpiness on here, I'll do my best to try not to.

curl-6 said:

I'm really struggling at the moment to keep my head above the sea of anxiety; a combination of my OCD being really bad due to the pandemic, fear that my cancer will come back, and a strange mystery illness last week has my adrenaline levels at a constant high, and not in a good way. Going back to work this week has also added a lot of stress to the mix.

I've made an appointment to see my psych but the soonest I could get was mid March, so I'm just trying to keep myself distracted and hold it together for the next 6 weeks.

I apologise in advance if this stress manifests in any annoying rants or grumpiness on here, I'll do my best to try not to.

Don't worry, man, I totally feel you, especially when it comes with the fear of a resurgence of a disease. 

I just got another job. Lately I've been having a severe problem wherein I drop out of jobs in a very short amount of time, ususally two weeks or a month, in other words, I cannot position myself in one for long. I've yet to be in one for a year, and then enjoy my vacations. It's very stressful, but I'll do my best to stay in this one for a reasonable amount of time. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Scalpers have kinda killed my love of gaming.

All of my old hardware feels kinda dated (even though it absolutely isn't). I couldn't get my hands on the new machines. Now, I just kinda don't feel like playing games at all. Neither now nor in the foreseeable future. In fact, I'm not even excited for the PS5/XSX anymore. It's like the hype is gone.

curl-6 said:

When you've been moving forward for years, the tools to be able to do the same for six weeks are already there, even if the road ahead is uphill. Just take a deep breath when you need it (both metaphorically and literally).

I'm mostly a lurker now.