By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that were graphically well ahead of their time

I'll say that Wave Race 64 water was something special, too. Hard to believe that it was just the third (in North America) N64 game. Still looks better than 90% of the N64 library.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Submarine Titans looks stunning for an RTS of the 2000s.

I had to look that one up, as I hadn't heard of it before and wow, it really does look pretty dang good for it's time. I also just found out it released on Steam this yr too, so I might have to pick this little gem up.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1259380/Submarine_Titans/

Thanks for bringing it up, otherwise I wouldn't have come across this nugget of RTS goodness. 

It released on Steam? How come I haven't heard of it before? Huh.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Doom, Quake, Crysis, Half Life 2.

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2. Colors were amazing. Yeah, I miss those glorious days of blast processing.

Darwinianevolution said:

It released on Steam? How come I haven't heard of it before? Huh.

I didn't either. I tried to search for it on GoG, but Steam popped up first, and I thought it was an older release date, but apparently it only released back in march XD.

I assume going by the reviews, that it works for current OS's. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I'd say Soul Calibur, Crysis and Uncharted 4.

Crysis
Black
World Driver Championship (N64)
NFL2k games (Madden still pales in comparison, two and three gens later)

Given the views of art design since its release, I'd say the Wind Waker. It probably would have been seen more 'at its time' had they not done that Spaceworld teaser...

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Resident Evil 4. Recently replayed it and still amazed by how well it has held up. As a Gamecube/PS2 game the tech was unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Starfox. Looks like crap now but it was the first "3D" game I had ever played ever. At the time it felt like I was playing something from the future.